• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Random cricket comments/thoughts**

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How come a player can be bagged for having too much of a "win at all costs" mentality, then when they make a move which demonstrates another attitude, be bagged to the ****ter for that?

Also, on the weekend, this complete choad get given not out plumb lb on <10, gets 100 then whinges when he gets given out lb to one he reckons he hit.

When gently (well not really) reminded by a senior player in the other team (me) that he got 90 more than he should have, he took offence to the comment.

I just think he's a ****.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Justin Langer was on my flight to Broome. He flies economy. He wears a cap on the plane. So Aussie-cricketer. :P

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Coincidences.

Was watching a cardiology lecture video yesterday and Dr Conrad Fischer (who seems a bit mad really :p) in the said video once suddenly struck a pose and talked about Arjuna concentrating on the eye of the bird.

Today I see cricinfo mentioning Dhoni referencing to the same quote from the Mahabharata.

Two awesome men mentioning the same bit of philosophy from an all time classic on the same day.

Precambrian

Banned
Why does Tendulkar always get out as soon as my mum starts watching the match? Poor on her being such a fan of that guy really.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sony Max has IPL rights for another 9 years. DD Sports is a joke channel, for airing obscure and unnwatched sports.
Sony had coverage of matches in SL and lost it to TEN, though way back. They still had official ICC events such as the World Cup and the Champions Trophy and lost both to ESPN/STAR. They had IPL, but then, we'd expect them to get the Champions League, so I don't expect them to have too much left in some time. Their IPL contract is possibly all they have now.

DD Sports is a really, really sad channel.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why just FC and List A cricket? I say shift all International cricket too to that ground. Saves us the agony of looking at that ugly skeletal monstrosity of a stand they have at the Feroz Shah Kotla :p
I can't comment on that Kotla stand; at least people can enter that place if they pay a little, but Roshanara Cricket Club is a snooty, exclusive place, and those who love the game always get a raw deal- the club authorities just don't let them in if they're not members, and threaten police action if they don't leave! At least we can walk into JMI grounds...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Its the hip channel for those who whinge on about how the big bad behemoth of cricket is killing every other sport in the country :happy:
And even five minutes of viewing of that channel makes you wonder (or realise) why other sports in India are so worse off. That is, if you catch any Indian sports on that channel.

krkode

State Captain
Why does Tendulkar always get out as soon as my mum starts watching the match? Poor on her being such a fan of that guy really.
This happens to me a lot... I live on east coast US time so the Nagpur test was going on late at night for me. I was studying for an exam and following the cricinfo score on Day 4... suddenly, Vijay out, then Dravid, then Sehwag, then Laxman... I was horrified and went to bed immediately.

Little did I know Ganguly would fall next ball and then Tendulkar 2 overs later. Luckily, the day ended alright. :happy:

bagapath

International Captain

Potentially she can make millions by timing her tv watching in synch with betting syndicates. just a suggestion. you shouldnt waste such amazing talent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would consider shifting next year's series against India to England or the United Arab Emirates if the Indian government does not clear the tour over security worries, a senior official said.

The PCB had offers from the English cricket authorities and organizers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai to stage the series scheduled from the first week of January, CEO Salim Altaf said on Thursday.

"But our first priority remains to convince India and other foreign teams to fulfill their obligation of touring Pakistan and supporting Pakistan cricket.

"But in extreme conditions, if India have security concerns, we don't rule out options of shifting our home series to offshore and neutral venues," Altaf said.

Doubts have emerged over India's tour to play three Tests, five One-dayers and a Twenty20 game after the Indian government stopped a junior hockey team from touring Pakistan at the last moment on Monday over security concerns.

The Indian cricket board is awaiting government clearance.

"The Pakistan board as a policy wants teams to tour Pakistan but at same time need to generate funds and can't afford to become an isolated cricket nation," Altaf said.

Pakistan cricket has suffered heavily this year due to the refusal of teams and players to tour following a series of suicide bombings in the past one year.

In August, the International Cricket Council (ICC) postponed the Champions Trophy after facing a possible boycott from five of the eight teams in the field.

It rescheduled the event from September 24 to October 5 next year at a single city but said it would monitor the Indian tour before taking a final decision on the location.

Some officials fear a suicide bomb attack in Peshawar on Tuesday outside a stadium hosting a sports event would make it more difficult for Pakistan to convince teams to tour.

Dilawar Mani, chief executive of the Abu Dhabi cricket council, told Geo News they were ready to stage the series for free if required.

Precambrian

Banned
.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would consider shifting next year's series against India to England or the United Arab Emirates if the Indian government does not clear the tour over security worries, a senior official said.

The PCB had offers from the English cricket authorities and organizers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai to stage the series scheduled from the first week of January, CEO Salim Altaf said on Thursday.

"But our first priority remains to convince India and other foreign teams to fulfill their obligation of touring Pakistan and supporting Pakistan cricket.

"But in extreme conditions, if India have security concerns, we don't rule out options of shifting our home series to offshore and neutral venues," Altaf said.

Doubts have emerged over India's tour to play three Tests, five One-dayers and a Twenty20 game after the Indian government stopped a junior hockey team from touring Pakistan at the last moment on Monday over security concerns.

The Indian cricket board is awaiting government clearance.

"The Pakistan board as a policy wants teams to tour Pakistan but at same time need to generate funds and can't afford to become an isolated cricket nation," Altaf said.

Pakistan cricket has suffered heavily this year due to the refusal of teams and players to tour following a series of suicide bombings in the past one year.

In August, the International Cricket Council (ICC) postponed the Champions Trophy after facing a possible boycott from five of the eight teams in the field.

It rescheduled the event from September 24 to October 5 next year at a single city but said it would monitor the Indian tour before taking a final decision on the location.

Some officials fear a suicide bomb attack in Peshawar on Tuesday outside a stadium hosting a sports event would make it more difficult for Pakistan to convince teams to tour.

Dilawar Mani, chief executive of the Abu Dhabi cricket council, told Geo News they were ready to stage the series for free if required.
I think BCCI will accept after fake-concerns initially. PCB has nothing to lose at this point, while BCCI has got a valuable vote to lose in PCB.

pasag

RTDAS
Recently retired XI:

Langer
Fleming
Lara
Inzi
Martyn
Ganguly
Gilchrist
Pollock
Warne
Kumble
McGrath

What a side.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If a side had two identical twins, one a top class bowler but piss poor batsman, and the other a top drawer batsman, they could possibly send the good batsman in to bat twice with none being the wiser.