• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentary lines

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"What a way to go to a six" - Jim Laker trying to describe Ian Botham reaching his 100 with a six in 1981.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"And Morkel picks up four very fortuitous boundaries"

The TMS commentator (Mark Pougatch?), just now, describing a boundary scored by Morkel, demonstrating not only his ignorance of the meaning of the word "fortuitous" but also the fact that he can't count up to 1

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"And Donald is run out and Australia are through to the final" Not sure who the commentator was.
I can't remember who it was (there are about 3 different commentaries on that over that are all famous) but it was certainly "Australia are in the final" not "Australia are through to the final".

One of my favourites was Dermot Reeve in 2000, just after Darren Gough bowls Adrian Griffith with an absolute pearler of a delivery:
"Bowled him! What a beauty! Swinging back in at Griffiths. It was the first ball he faced, and it was a snorter from Gough."

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't remember who it was (there are about 3 different commentaries on that over that are all famous) but it was certainly "Australia are in the final" not "Australia are through to the final".

One of my favourites was Dermot Reeve in 2000, just after Darren Gough bowls Adrian Griffith with an absolute pearler of a delivery:
"Bowled him! What a beauty! Swinging back in at Griffiths. It was the first ball he faced, and it was a snorter from Gough."
Dermot Reeve and the word "snorter" have always gone hand-in-hand

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hot off the presses...

"Edg...no, off the middle of the bat" - Sir Ian Botham.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Botham's favourite, most oft-repeated and least funny witticism:

"Is the ball swinging? Well the only way THAT one's swinging is off the bat, to the boundary!!"

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, because national newspapers have never shown well-known celebrities doing coke on the front page...

Bouncer

State Regular
They are going for him......they are going for him in a big way.....Thats over the top................Take That Glenn Mcgrath!