• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We are being watched by The Independent

Chubb

International Regular
This is no joke... I don't know if anyone else gets this British daily newspaper, but they have a small section on page 73 of today's copy that quotes WP David on England's batsmen and BoyBrumby on Peter Moores' similarity to Steve McLaren. They include this forum's web address. It is clear the stage is small but the audience is great.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is no joke... I don't know if anyone else gets this British daily newspaper, but they have a small section on page 73 of today's copy that quotes WP David on England's batsmen and BoyBrumby on Peter Moores' similarity to Steve McLaren. They include this forum's web address. It is clear the stage is small but the audience is great.
Great...

Chubb

International Regular
I have tried scanning it, but it has proved problematic. the weird thing is when I saw the fan's view column I thought it would be cool if CW was mentioned- I had obviously subliminally seen the web address already and that put the idea in my head.

Dissector

International Debutant
Only a matter of time before the Independent starts a campaign for first-chance averages, I am sure.:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have just been texted by a mate to ask if I post on CricketWeb... :laugh:

The guys at The Indie clearly know good work. :cool: :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brumby responsible for the leak IMO. Fame-seeker. :dry:

On another note, The Independent may start outing a fair few closet forum geeks. :ph34r:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Even McLaren's England won the majority of its games.
Only by beating football's equivalents of Bangladesh, he never actually beat a decent side, other than Russia at home, IIRC.

EDIT: Not a majority, anyway - he won nine out of eighteen, which is actually a better ratio than quite a few others, shame he was still ****.

Last edited: