• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bouncers

Do you think the amount of bouncers per over should be increased?

• Total voters

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think we should increase the maximum amount of bouncers from 2 per over to 3 in Test Cricket and from 1 per over to 2 per over in One Day Cricket. This helps the game be less batsmen dominated, and gives fast bowlers that extra intimidation factor. It could harm our game, and would just improve it in my opinion. Thoughts?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I didn't like free-for-all, because I don't think that makes for consistently good cricket. Three seems about fair though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see the problem with 2. That's 1/3 of an over. Or upward of 1/5 of a Steve Harmison over.

tooextracool

International Coach
Bowlers spend enough of their time trying to bounce people out when they should really be pitching it up. They dont need even more incentive to continue with that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed. Bouncers are almost always wasted deliveries. Encouraging them to pitch it up pretty well invariably makes for better-quality cricket.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There should be no limit, and if the umpires upheld the laws of intimidation in the days when there was no limit there'd be no need for one.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Especially as they are getting more strict with the overhead height no ball/wide (no ball via MCC rules, wide via ICC rules).