• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glory of indian cricket

Bijay

Banned
Hi,
recently I saw on news paper that some of srilankan news papers condemned indian cricketers after 1st test defeat .They should think that two test match still remain .I am sure our heroes will give the reply soon.Sachin,rahul viru ,Dada,laxman,Anil have the power to show that who is fit for test match.Best of luck Team India.Lastly I have few words for Srilankan News papers Agencies That"Kuta bhi apne gali main khud ko sheer samjhta hain".My friend LD also think the same thing .

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Glory of Indian cricket? The Indian cricketing performances was absolutely inept and inexcusable, and that's even after accounting for the masterful spin they were up against.

Dissector

International Debutant
Why just cricket? India is poised to achieve domination in every type of sporting endeavour. My friend BS has told me that we can expect to win 50 golds in the upcoming Olympics. Furthermore our young talent in sports like baseball, basketball and American "football" is apparently off the charts and Indian players are poised to dominate the American leagues. Silly India-doubting Yanks like SS won't know what hit them...

Fusion

Global Moderator
I sometimes think these types of posts are fraudulently made by people pretending to be from country X. The posts are so juvenile and ridiculous that I think the OP wants us to think ill of the country he’s (supposedly) defending.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it possible that Indian cricket will end up like English football?

Indian cricket will have the IPL like we have the Premier League, and India will be as **** as England are internationally.

;)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it possible that Indian cricket will end up like English football?

Indian cricket will have the IPL like we have the Premier League, and India will be as **** as England are internationally.

;)
Yet the Indian people will continually insist otherwise and look endlessly for reasons why their team is not performing rather than deal with the fact that their players aren't as good as those of the other teams.:yes:

Dissector

International Debutant
I sometimes think these types of posts are fraudulently made by people pretending to be from country X. The posts are so juvenile and ridiculous that I think the OP wants us to think ill of the country he’s (supposedly) defending.
Believe me there are plenty of Indians who genuinely feel like the OP. Plenty of Pakistanis too I am sure, and for that matter people from every nationality. This board does a pretty good job of filtering these people but you only have to read the Youtube boards (shudder) to see them. Some of them are probably trolls but many of them are completely sincere in their idiocy.

Uppercut

Believe me there are plenty of Indians who genuinely feel like the OP. Plenty of Pakistanis too I am sure, and for that matter people from every nationality. This board does a pretty good job of filtering these people but you only have to read the Youtube boards (shudder) to see them. Some of them are probably trolls but many of them are completely sincere in their idiocy.
http://xkcd.com/202/

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet the Indian people will continually insist otherwise and look endlessly for reasons why their team is not performing rather than deal with the fact that their players aren't as good as those of the other teams.:yes:
Yes, exactly! And keep sacking their managers, and complaining their players only care about making loads of money with their clubs, and have the whole country in a state of hysteria every time they get to a quarter-final that this time they're going to win something. :laugh:

Uppercut

Yes, exactly! And keep sacking their managers, and complaining their players only care about making loads of money with their clubs, and have the whole country in a state of hysteria every time they get to a quarter-final that this time they're going to win something. :laugh:
:laugh:

It's spreading to cricket here too, though. I can't believe they carried out an inquest into why they lost a series away to a quite legendary cricket team in 2007...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

It's spreading to cricket here too, though. I can't believe they carried out an inquest into why they lost a series away to a quite legendary cricket team in 2007...
True... but in true form we then ignored most of what the inquest said and went merrily on. :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What do you mean by 'other teams'?...If you mean Australia, it's undoubtedly true...Even for South Africa, one has to agree...Then?

Uppercut

What do you mean by 'other teams'?...If you mean Australia, it's undoubtedly true...Even for South Africa, one has to agree...Then?
Well they're expected to win a test series in Sri Lanka. When it's a very, very, very difficult place to win.

We were just talking about what Indian cricket would become though, and its similarities with the England football team. No controversy was intended. For you to leap to your country's defence in many ways proves the point i (and 4o6 i think) was trying to make.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well they're expected to win a test series in Sri Lanka. When it's a very, very, very difficult place to win.

We were just talking about what Indian cricket would become though, and its similarities with the England football team. No controversy was intended. For you to leap to your country's defence in many ways proves the point i (and 4o6 i think) was trying to make.
Everyone is expected to leap to his/her country's defence in a logical way isn't it?...If I had said that Indian test team is better than Australian team then it would have been an illogical defence...A series in SL was always gonna be close...There's no denying the fact that India played pathetic cricket in the first test...But what's the point?...I can't tell about other Indian supporters but I can claim that I myself have never given any undeserved credit to any Indian player or the team as a whole only due to National bias...Neither have I been pointlessly critical about them unnecessarily...But, ya general tendency of majority of Indian fans is in that direction I agree and that's probably because of the huge popularity and huge expectation and emotional attachment of the fans attached to the game...Though their actions don't command support always that too I agree...

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
indian cricket is on a decline because of mismanagement and bad priorities by the officials running the game. its unfortunate, but will take more than an underperforming indian team to change.

ret

International Debutant
isn't anyone supplying batting averages to show how good the Indian batsmen have been even though they have been collapsing in almost every test this year? :laugh: