• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim Akram Vs Imran Khan?

Wasim Akram vs Imran Khan

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As a player I'd have to say Imran pretty comfortably. His batting is a fair bit better than Wasim's and could've been picked solely as a batsman at the tail-end of his career, whereas Wasim's was never really much more than a useful lower-middle order level.

As bowlers it'd be a far closer shout tho.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Better player? I don't think it's even close. Imran is ahead comfortably. You can have a better debate for who was the better bowler.

Edit: Dammit, BB beat me to it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mard Brother - I am sorry, Can't address you by your forum name alone, Kindly request the CW owner to change your forum name.

I have been avoiding your threads for the same reason.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Imran > Wasim as a bowler.

Imran >>>>>>>>> Wasim as all-round cricketers, even not considering captaincy skills, where Imran >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wasim.

FRAZ

International Captain
Mard Brother - I am sorry, Can't address you by your forum name alone, Kindly request the CW owner to change your forum name.

Eloquently put there . A precise and a well trimmed explanation of the personal feelings that any prudent and sane "man" may have for the concerned name .

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Explanation si vous plais?

As for the topic of the thread, you'd have to put Imran ahead overall (certainly with the bat) but with the ball, it's much closer. I can't separate them.

ret

International Debutant
as a cricketer, Imran is the best that Pak has produced .... no competition .... a great all-rounder and captain

purely as a bowler, I would put Wasim ahead

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz,

Which colloquial meaning are ya talking about?
'Mard' is used as "Real Man" not just as Man. It is used everytime real manhood needs to be boosted.

Dara Singh is a Mard. I mean you need to be 'Rustom-e-Hind' to be a 'Mard' else you are just another 'aadmi' (man).

Overall:Imran is light years ahead of any other Pakistani great.
As a bowler:Imran is the best bowler ever,hence better than Wasim Akram.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, another thread gloriying Imran Khan & Wasim Akram. I guess i can undestand the great nostalgia showed by some they were once in a lifetime players.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
A question for those who know Imran Khan well. Given that Imran career based on my estimation is where as an all-rounder that would be from probably West Indies 1980, what period did he fully combine solid batting with his great bowling?.

My guess is from AUS 83 to WI 88.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, another thread gloriying Imran Khan & Wasim Akram. I guess i can undestand the great nostalgia showed by some they were once in a lifetime players.
Hardly once in a lifetime players as they were not only in the same lifetime but the same team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
As bowlers, I would probably say Wasim was a hair-nose ahead of Imran. Although, I am not entirely fixed on this point.

IMO, Imran was really outstanding against the WIndies, but so was Wasim (he may have been better). I think Wasim played in a tougher period and had better success against the better sides.

As an all-rounder, or overall player, it's not close. It's Imran by a head and shoulder.