• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Doping scandal in IPL

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Enough is enough, i have been saying this from the start like most of us here that they need to take a stand on these two idiots and its time for a big stand. They have to ban asif now and if they dont everytime he plays i will never support pakistan. I cant believe how these two can get away everytime. This board is the ****est of them all and by far.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hoped it'd be Shoaib, but this is the next best thing really. **** needs a lifetime ban.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, it's not. A life ban for Shoaib would be good. Asif, if he should ever get the life ban that he's already at the age of 24 or whatever flirted with several times, would actually be a hell of a waste of talent.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was willing to give him the benefit of doubt the first time around, but the Dubai incident and now this. Wow, absolute moron, third strike rule should apply here.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Was willing to give him the benefit of doubt the first time around, but the Dubai incident and now this. Wow, absolute moron, third strike rule should apply here.
This moron will continue with his ways if the PCB doesnt ban him. The thing is its really embarasing being a pakistani when such things happen and they keep getting away from it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ah, the joys of being a Pakistani fan. Anyone wanna trade? I hope that he gets banned for life. I hope that PCB finally take a firm stand and stick with it. Because the PCB didn’t enforce strict discipline before, a young talent like Asif has been lost. How many future Asif’s will also go down the same path? I will echo Godofcricket: If no action gets taken against Asif here, I will not support Pakistan in any game that he plays.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Nah, it's not. A life ban for Shoaib would be good. Asif, if he should ever get the life ban that he's already at the age of 24 or whatever flirted with several times, would actually be a hell of a waste of talent.
You mean taking drugs and then getting away with it talent? :laugh:

duffer

This moron will continue with his ways if the PCB doesnt ban him. The thing is its really embarasing being a pakistani when such things happen and they keep getting away from it.
Aye I feel for you guys. Chin up, at least no one can ever accuse Pakistan cricket of being boring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You mean taking drugs and then getting away with it talent? :laugh:
It now seems fairly obvious that he's done such a thing. Leaving aside the fact I think the whole "doping" stuff is nonsense - if rules are laid down and you break them deliberately (and being found to have done so 3 times makes coincidence pretty unlikely) then you deserve the book thrown at you.

What worries me is that even if Asif does eventually get banned, the damage will already have been done. He's been let-off so many times already, will the kids already be trying to emulate him?

duffer

"I am shocked and surprised because I was extra cautious and never used any banned substances," Asif told AFP.

:laughing:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
It now seems fairly obvious that he's done such a thing. Leaving aside the fact I think the whole "doping" stuff is nonsense - if rules are laid down and you break them deliberately (and being found to have done so 3 times makes coincidence pretty unlikely) then you deserve the book thrown at you.

What worries me is that even if Asif does eventually get banned, the damage will already have been done. He's been let-off so many times already, will the kids already be trying to emulate him?
Well i think if the PCB have enough guts to ban him for life then atleast the kids would know or will start understanding that if you do such a thing how its gona end. It should have happend sooner but it didnt. But it should happen now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another thing that worries me is that the fact it hasn't happened already when probably it should have done means the same is likely to happen again.

pasag

RTDAS
Wasn't he drug tested and cleared in Dubai? Or was that just for the opium or whatever it was he had on him?

duffer

Wasn't he drug tested and cleared in Dubai? Or was that just for the opium or whatever it was he had on him?
Don't think he was cleared. Thought they deported him because they didn't think it'd be worthwhile wasting government time and money on prosecuting him.

social

Don't think he was cleared. Thought they deported him because they didn't think it'd be worthwhile wasting government time and money on prosecuting him.
Yep

He was caught red-handed and could have been jailed for 4 years

Dubai decided it wasnt worth the gov't's money paying for his detention

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't care if it's a waste of talent or not. The fact that he's flirted with it several times at such a young age is a surefire sign he's a **** and does not deserve to be making his living from the sport.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe it's now starting to. But had Shoaib been banned 2 years ago it'd have been so much better for Pakistan cricket.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep

He was caught red-handed and could have been jailed for 4 years

Dubai decided it wasnt worth the gov't's money paying for his detention
Surely the government in Dubai have a few spare dollars up their sleeve to prosecute with.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Surely the government in Dubai have a few spare dollars up their sleeve to prosecute with.
It doesnt have anything to do with money. The Pakistan government worked hard behind the scenes to ensure his freedom.

Its a fairly common thing and if I was Asif Id be happy for their involvement. I dont really mind it but I could understand that others would think it verging on corruption.

Dubai is very PR savvy and a prosecution like this may not have been want they wanted.

social

It doesnt have anything to do with money. The Pakistan government worked hard behind the scenes to ensure his freedom.

Its a fairly common thing and if I was Asif Id be happy for their involvement. I dont really mind it but I could understand that others would think it verging on corruption.

Dubai is very PR savvy and a prosecution like this may not have been want they wanted.
And dont think they werent tuned into "other" developments

People here are not dumb