• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Kenya in UK/Netherlands

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Full squad Stephen Tikolo (Capt), Thomas Odoyo (V-Capt), Kennedy Obuya, Morris Ouma, Collins Obuya, Peter Ong’ondo, Tony Suji, Hiren Varaiya, Rakep Patel, Jimmy Kamande, Nehemiah Odhiambo, Elijah Otieno, Alex Obanda, Ragheb Aga, David Obuya and Alfred Luseno. Lameck Onyango and Moses Otieno will be standing by incase there are any injuries.

Team officials: Davinder Singh Bharij (team manager), Andy Kirsten (coach), Martin Suji (asst. coach), Alfred Njuguna Njoroge (match analyst), Joseph Mutisya Muthike (Physiotherapist).

Tour Itinerary

1ST – 18TH Practice and preparations for Europe tour as above mentioned in Nairobi

17TH Travel to UK
18TH Travel to Rochdale, England
20TH T20 Match Vs. Rochdale (2 matches 1st at 10.30am & 2nd at 3.00 pm)
21ST 50 over match vs. Rochdale professionals
22ND Travel to Cranleigh
23RD 50 over match vs. Surrey Championship Invitational XI (11.30 am)
24TH 50 over match vs. Guernsey National team (11.30 am)
25TH T20 match vs. Cambridgeshire (4.00 pm)
26TH Rest day (possible T20 vs. Hoodie-James Clegg’s team)
27TH One day match (50 overs) Vs. Devon
28TH T20 match Vs. Devon
29TH T20 match Vs. Minor Counties Cricket Association
30TH. One Day Match (50 overs) vs. Minor Counties Cricket Association.
31ST. Travel to Belfast – Ireland

AUGUST ‘08

1ST-5TH ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers involving Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Holland, Bermuda and Canada with the top three qualifying for the ICC 2010 T20 World Cup.

6TH Travel to Glasgow – Scotland
7TH-10TH ICC Intercontinental Cup match Vs. Scotland (Titwood ground)
12TH 1st ODI Vs. Scotland (Cambusdoon New Ground, Ayr)
13TH 2nd ODI Vs. Scotland (Cambusdoon New Ground, Ayr)

14TH Travel to Amsterdam – Netherlands
16TH-19TH ICC Intercontinental Cup Vs. Netherlands ( VRA Ground, Amstelveen)
21ST Only ODI match Vs. Netherlands ( VRA Ground, Amstelveen)

22ND Travel to Belfast – Ireland
24TH 1st ODI Vs. Ireland (Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast)
25TH 2nd ODI Vs. Ireland (Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast)
27TH 3rd ODI Vs. Ireland (Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast)
29TH Travel back to Kenya.

Courtesy of Cricket Europe and The Daily Nation

brockley

International Captain
Good to see aga back in the team,how does that effect his time at sussex.
Maybe it won't effect him unless he is picked for england then.
kenya agreed to 4 one dayers vs zimbabwe in october,thats despite the kenyan governments' position on zimbabwe.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now that looks like a pretty unsatisfactory itinerary to me - I know Steve Tikolo is past his best (and a great shame the world stage did not see more of him in years gone by) but given that that squad still looks to have the core of those who did so well in 2003 shouldn't Kenya be facing stronger opposition and playing more first class fixtures?

Perhaps Andruid can explain whats gone wrong but presumably it's all to do with the ICC not properly funding Kenya's development - their achievements in 2003 may have been exaggerated by, shall we say, some good fortune in various ways, but they did look capable of establishing themselves - why weren't their players whisked off round the test playing nations to gain coaching and playing experience at the ICC's expense and why dont these sort of tours happen more regularly?

I seem to recall that the Kenyan Board had some "issues" at one stage and possibly still do but surely a supervised spend on Kenyan Cricket is better than an unsupervised subsidy to Zanu PF ........................................... sorry did I say Zanu PF? ........ thats a typo - I did of course mean the Zimbabwe Cricket Board ................................ didn't I?

stumpski

International Captain
I agree, surely Kenya are better than Minor Counties standard? A first-class match against MCC (even if it couldn't have been fitted in at Lord's) would have been one of the highlights of the tour I'm sure.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fom here and to the best of my knowledge there are 3. andruid, Chemosit and TikoBestAssoPla

It certainly is a strange schedule and a FC MCC game would have been nice. However, this maybe the only way to have got the tour planned.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that looks like a pretty unsatisfactory itinerary to me - I know Steve Tikolo is past his best (and a great shame the world stage did not see more of him in years gone by) but given that that squad still looks to have the core of those who did so well in 2003 shouldn't Kenya be facing stronger opposition and playing more first class fixtures?
I have no idea, I reckon they would rather face Bangladesh A, the MCC did turn down an offer for a game when they itinerary was being put together.

Perhaps Andruid can explain whats gone wrong but presumably it's all to do with the ICC not properly funding Kenya's development - their achievements in 2003 may have been exaggerated by, shall we say, some good fortune in various ways, but they did look capable of establishing themselves - why weren't their players whisked off round the test playing nations to gain coaching and playing experience at the ICC's expense and why dont these sort of tours happen more regularly?
Its primarily due to the absence of sustained cricket of a sufficient stsndard which the youngsters can show theirt skills. I mean other than the Champions trophy in '04 and the 2007 World Cup Kenya have only played ODIs against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and associates and given how virtually nobody gives these matches much of a look and that's before trying to get the necessary paperwork to play/work in places like England and Australia

I seem to recall that the Kenyan Board had some "issues" at one stage and possibly still do but surely a supervised spend on Kenyan Cricket is better than an unsupervised subsidy to Zanu PF ........................................... sorry did I say Zanu PF? ........ thats a typo - I did of course mean the Zimbabwe Cricket Board ................................ didn't I?
True, there was some infighting withing the board over issues such as constitutional reform and financil mismanagement, but the ICC actually did something about it (albeit a liittle late) and the issue has largely been resolved. Its is kind of wierd hoe teams like Zimbabwe are entitled to such huge amounts of money by merely having test status, while teams like Kenya ad Ireland have to do so much to get even a fraction od what Zimbabwe gets.

TikoBestAssoPla

Cricket Spectator
Ello my brother Andruid, i can see u are now a veteran here, Anyway just wanted to ask about Chemosit aka nick, I have always relied on him to get news on kenyan cricket here and most especially in the kenyan section of CE, he had all the kenyan cricket news u would never get anyway else on the web. If u have any information let me know, Cheers.:)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They are mostly 50 overs and T20 matches. hardly exshausting stuff, and given the quality of the opposition I expect there will be a lot of rotation to give the youngens in the squad a run.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't write Devon off. Having thrashed Holland three years ago, I'm backing them (hard not to write 'us') to get a win in either of the two fixtures at Exmouth and Exeter, if not both. I look forward to Steve Tikolo taking a crap in the toilets I painted.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't write Devon off. Having thrashed Holland three years ago, I'm backing them (hard not to write 'us') to get a win in either of the two fixtures at Exmouth and Exeter, if not both. I look forward to Steve Tikolo taking a crap in the toilets I painted.
Any Idea what the ticket prices are like? .There is a small possibility I might mysteriously appear in one of the games.

cricman

International 12th Man
Whatever happened when Cricket Kenya would get to Face Australia A and much stiffer competition than this

No Uganda in this time, they could get a Few Matches @ Lords which would be a Fitting way for a player like Tikolo to go off in the sunset, He needs to get into coaching or Mangement in Cricket Kenya to take them even further