Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishant Sharma...overcoached?!

Ishant Sharma...overcoached?!

Thats it...i'm sick of his bowling tbh..he is nowhere near the same bowler that he was a couple of months ago.The only significant change i can see is that he has started coming very close to the stumps(upon)..whilst this should be the standard approach to be "successful"..i don't think its working for him tbh.The ball is not deviating at all,whereas in Aus he used to come from really wide of the crease and bowl those massive cutters which came in to the RHB and the odd one that held its line.So what do you all think?Is that what is wrong?If it isn't i don't know what could be?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Sharma didn't actually take that many wickets in australia, he's been overhyped to an extent. Don't worry about such things after a few poor ODIs, he's only what, 19/20? I'm sure he'll grow to be a world-class bowler in time.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambu View Post
    Thats it...i'm sick of his bowling tbh..he is nowhere near the same bowler that he was a couple of months ago.The only significant change i can see is that he has started coming very close to the stumps(upon)..whilst this should be the standard approach to be "successful"..i don't think its working for him tbh.The ball is not deviating at all,whereas in Aus he used to come from really wide of the crease and bowl those massive cutters which came in to the RHB and the odd one that held its line.So what do you all think?Is that what is wrong?If it isn't i don't know what could be?
    There is nothing except that you are expecting too much from a young kid who did better than you were expecting at the start of his career. He is not as bad a bowler as you are now making him out to be and he was never as BIG a player as he was made out to be befre that.

Just tone down your expectations of your players, dont see a Bradman in every impressive debutant batsman or a Larwood in every good debutant bowler and you will be fine and so will they.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Sharma didn't actually take that many wickets in australia, he's been overhyped to an extent. Don't worry about such things after a few poor ODIs, he's only what, 19/20? I'm sure he'll grow to be a world-class bowler in time.
    There we go again. How do we know that. Maybe he will maybe he wont. Its too early to say. He has started well but so had dozens before him who are consigned to the dustbins of history.

Just stop being so hasty in judging one way or the other and enjoy his career as it unfolds and let him do the same.

^ all that is fine SJS..it doesn't bother me one bit that he isn't proving to be as good as i had thought initially..But what happened to those in-swinging(cutter?) delievries that he bowled on a regular basis..our expectations are one thing(and on such flat pitches they must be bare minimal) but what about that technical aspect?I just hate it,when people try to "correct" a bowler.Imo,each bowler must have his unique approach.Just wanted to know if this near the stumps approach has handicapped him?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    There we go again. How do we know that. Maybe he will maybe he wont. Its too early to say. He has started well but so had dozens before him who are consigned to the dustbins of history.

Just stop being so hasty in judging one way or the other and enjoy his career as it unfolds and let him do the same.
    Sorry. He just seemed very upset so it felt like the thing to say

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Worth noting that virtually no seam bowler has done well in the Asia Cup thus far. Not with any consistency, at least.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    It's called...form

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I need to bring back the Indian Wheel of Mediocrity and add quite a few names. One of the main reasons I made is for reasons just like these - people elevating a new fast bowler to legendary status and anointing him as the savior of Indian fast bowling, only to watch him crash and burn, and then pick the next sensation.

Let's see, just in recent times, we had Nehra, Balaji, Pathan, Agarkar, Sreesanth, Munaf, Zaheer, and now Ishant. All, when they came on the screen, were touted as the Next Big Thing. It's quite amusing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Sorry. He just seemed very upset so it felt like the thing to say

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I need to bring back the Indian Wheel of Mediocrity and add quite a few names. One of the main reasons I made is for reasons just like these - people elevating a new fast bowler to legendary status and anointing him as the savior of Indian fast bowling, only to watch him crash and burn, and then pick the next sensation.

Let's see, just in recent times, we had Nehra, Balaji, Pathan, Agarkar, Sreesanth, Munaf, Zaheer, and now Ishant. All, when they came on the screen, were touted as the Next Big Thing. It's quite amusing to me.
    Hang on a minute, you've just listed the entire Indian pace attack from the past decade.

Oh wait....

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Hang on a minute, you've just listed the entire Indian pace attack from the past decade.

Oh wait....
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

As usual, too Much cricket will kill his talent. The Ishant Sharma who was bowling @ 140K+ in Australia has already become 130K+ and will soon become 120K+ .

School Boy/Girl Captain
    also worth noting is the flat pitches used in Asia Cup...that said, India tend to overrate all of their players - fast bowlers especially.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    As usual, too Much cricket will kill his talent. The Ishant Sharma who was bowling @ 140K+ in Australia has already become 130K+ and will soon become 120K+ .
    Another two months and he'll be Richard's pace.

EDIT: Should also be pointed out that he took 2/55 against a team that scored 300+ last night. Not a great deal wrong with that. If anything, Irfan Pathan's form has been far more erratic.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 03-07-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information