• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There's nothing wrong with that, but honestly - if you're seriously telling yourself, or anyone else, that that isn't the reason you don't like them then I think you're lying to yourself TBH.
Unbelievable. Just when I thought he couldn't get any worse.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The worst - ever - Zoe Goss. Her doing an Ashes Test was awesomely bad. They paired her with Ritchie in what was obviously an attempt to keep her calm with an experienced hand but instead you'd hear Ritchie say something about a shot which had just been hit for four which was followed by silence..........then a quiet voice in the background saying something like "Good shot" and more silence.

Of the regular commentators, Heals has to win this one. All of the English commentators mentioned in the first post are far better. Close second is Paul Allott, who got worse as England got closer to winning the Ashes in 2005.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Unbelievable. Just when I thought he couldn't get any worse.
Dante spoke of seven circles of hell in The Inferno; below Judas Iscariot incased in ice in the seventh circle is Hitler being forced to read Dicko's posts for all eternity.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Dante spoke of seven circles of hell in The Inferno; below Judas Iscariot incased in ice in the seventh circle is Hitler being forced to read Dicko's posts for all eternity.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Legend.

EDIT: I wonder how many times a thread has had a reference to an Italian author, the Bible and been Godwin'd, all in one post.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ryan Campbell was pretty dodgey sometimes in the IPL. And whenever Haddin did a bit of commentary (hardly ever thank god) he was pretty crap. Ian Healy isn't great either

I don't think the rest of the channel 9 commentary is that bad. Lawry can be quite funny to listen to (got him!!! big wicket there!!! Its all over now!!! oh wait its not out...) Ian Chapple can be quite annoying sometimes, but he also does make some good points and I don't mind Mark Nicholas too much.
On the flipside, Gavin Robertson was pretty good. Very knowledgable and came across as very likeable and not condescending either.

pasag

RTDAS
I like Ryan Campbell. He does a bit on radio and on Fox Sports, reckon he's got a bit about him. Just funny to listen to, for mine.
Appeals to your inner bogan, for mine.

Don't think Roebuck's as bad a commentator as he is a writer. Like they're two different people tbh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian fans- we'd have something to say about those misfits from SET MAX and DD Sports associates:
  • Kris Srikkanth - Enough said!
  • Robin Singh - talks slowly, and doesn't capture attention
  • Anshuman Gaikwad - Puts viewers to sleep with him
  • Venkatesh Prasad - Ah, well, there is, ah, a problem, ah, with the, ah, delivery of, ah, dialogue
  • Sivaramakrishnan- Has to be heard to be believed
  • Shamin Choudhary- He's from Bangladesh. And he loves taking digs at out-of-form players from top teams
  • Roshan Mahanama- made Ranjith Fernando and Ranjan Madugalle sound world class
  • Dujon- Biased. Always.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Zaheer Abbas and all other Pak commentators who were commentating in the Zim vs Pak series recently..Our own Arun "the animal lover" Lal..But i think Waqar "axallant shot" Younis tops it for me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Really don't have time for a few commentators..

Nasser Hussain - Horrible voice, bigs up mediocre players (Bopara), very dull
Bob Willis - So fuddy duddy and boring it's almost funny
Kass Naidoo - Fills two quotas being a coloured woman.. The tragedy is, she's a tragedy..
Mark Nicholas - Not great, way too enthusiastic, although the best of this bad bunch

Nasser Hussein by an absolute country mile.

Has a catalog consisting of a handful of popular buzz words & modern phrases that he will bring out in any given situation and do to death.

It won't be more than a few seconds after he begins his "stint" until the viewer hears him droan on about either "soft hands" "scrambled brains" some one being a "street fighter" or "positive intent."

Also says stupid things like how "There's no reason why Ian Bell can't do what Matthew Hayden" during the last WC.

Refuses to accept than any English player can be physically or technically inferior to anyone else or that they might be incapable of something and puts it down only to an issue of mindset, or another one of those annoying new excuse terms which are being incorrectly applied by the English about their own sports teams these days..."fear of failure"