• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

howardj

International Coach
I actually think Qld did quite well to pull back from the dire position they were in. Not that it was entirely unexpected, but I still cringed when I saw we were 4/22 at one stage. We could have done a lot worse than 230, particularly given the prevailing damp weather up here in Brisbane for much of yesterday.

Woodster

International Captain
First Queensland fall to 91-8 before making an excellent recovery, while NSW slip to 97-8. Am I right in thinking both pitches were offering a fair amount of assistance early on, or can these collapses be attributed to woeful batting or outstanding bowling ?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
First Queensland fall to 91-8 before making an excellent recovery, while NSW slip to 97-8. Am I right in thinking both pitches were offering a fair amount of assistance early on, or can these collapses be attributed to woeful batting or outstanding bowling ?
Both batting lineups were pretty weak, but from what people in Queensland are saying it would've been offering something for the bowlers. It's not totally unusual to see early in the season.

Woodster

International Captain
Both batting lineups were pretty weak, but from what people in Queensland are saying it would've been offering something for the bowlers. It's not totally unusual to see early in the season.
Yes they didn't seem the strongest line-ups possible, but nor did I think they were 90odd-8weak.
Fair play to the bowling attacks though, at least for the inital part of the innings, despite the assistance the accuracy must still be present and it quite clearly was. Must have been seriously frustrating for Tasmania letting Qld reach 236.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Swan saves Queensland

Queensland tail ender Chris Swan saved his side from complete embarrassment in his sides start to 2008/09 Sheffield Shield. The Gold Coast swing bowler came to the crease with the score at 9-91, and wicket-keeper Chris Hartley down the other end. His side was in trouble, and the Tigers bowlers keen to wrap up the innings. But Swan has other plans.

He and Hartley put together a 135-run sand and forced the pressure on the boys from Tasmania. Swan finished the day with 76 not out to his name, and the satisfaction of knowing he has saved the Bulls from one of the worst positions imaginable. The Bulls posted 236 and picked up the wicket of Dighton after only 4.1 overs.

For the Tigers Geeves proved expensive but effective, MacDonald the destroyer with 4/42 and Hilfenhaus, Butterworth and Doherty all handy with the ball.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Bracken cameo provided hope for NSW

Nathan Bracken, the former Australian test bowler, has helped his domestic side New South Wales from destruction in an unusual fashion - with the bat.

The left arm swing bowler scored a quick-fire 63 off 79 balls from number 10, saving his side from a horrible embarrassment. He came to the crease with the score at 8/97 with one thing on his mind - making some runs. He did so in spectacular fashion, belting the Western Australian bowlers for seven fours and three sixes. When he departed New South Wales had managed to add 80 valuable runs to their total, indicating how fast he was actually scoring.

Western Australia have made their way to 3/106 by stumps, losing their top 3 of Marsh, Davis and Pomersbach all by the close of play. Bracken, Cameron and Lambert all have 1 wicket each.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopes nabs Marsh 4/51.

EDIT: Harris gets his first wicket for QLD, gets the important one of Bailey, Tas now 5/51.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Noffers Noffke and Goffers MacGoffin (how did Qld let this guy get away) are knocking the door to the Aussie team off its hinges.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Noffers :cool: . Goffers making runs, Noffers taking wickets - all I need now is North to make runs and my domestic round is complete!

howardj

International Coach
Noffers just has to follow the Hayden blueprint - just keep churning out the results and make your case for selection irresistable. In short, make it uncomfortable for the selectors.