• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
It was hardly moronic, it nearly carried for six. That's the way he plays and it works for him.

Marcus North is the one who gets out to idiotic sweeps.
I mean Hauritz was in his very first over and he was brought in just to draw a false shot from Pomersbach, but with his team already two poles down, he could have batted with a bit more patience, rather than doing that he went for across the line slog of the 3rd ball he faced from Hauritz.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It was hardly moronic, it nearly carried for six. That's the way he plays and it works for him.

Marcus North is the one who gets out to idiotic sweeps.
A average in the mid 20s in ODs would say otherwise.

Reminds me a bit of Slater. His agressive play works in FC/Tests as the fields up. But generally finds the field in ODs as they are back. Hughes looks like he is going down the same path.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ronchi gone for a duck, good ball from Bracks though, so good start for the Blues here.
Amazing how he has scored 10 ducks in 39 innings in this format. Biggest hit and miss player in the country.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
A average in the mid 20s in ODs would say otherwise.

Reminds me a bit of Slater. His agressive play works in FC/Tests as the fields up. But generally finds the field in ODs as they are back. Hughes looks like he is going down the same path.
The style works for him - that's where he makes his runs in FC playing a similar brand of cricket. To me the problem looks more like the use of him at 3; he's not a natural number 3 batsman. Someone more experienced like North needs to step up and move back up the list to strengthen the top order, which has been so inconsistent for the last 2 years.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The style works for him - that's where he makes his runs in FC playing a similar brand of cricket. To me the problem looks more like the use of him at 3; he's not a natural number 3 batsman. Someone more experienced like North needs to step up and move back up the list to strengthen the top order, which has been so inconsistent for the last 2 years.
Should play Davis and bat him at three personally. North, Voges and Pomersbach are at their best at 4 or 5. The other option is Doropoulos, but I doubt he will slove the inconsistency problem at this stage in his career.

pup11

International Coach
Amazing how he has scored 10 ducks in 39 innings in this format. Biggest hit and miss player in the country.
True, he needs to change that sort of a thing if he wants to ever turn himself into international class, but today he got a peach of delivery from Bracks and he did well to nick it too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Henriques to bat somewhere around the top 4 in the Shield match says Matthew Mott.

That'll be great IMO, looking forward to the Shield even though I won't get to watch it, more then this One Dayer.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I would rather have Ronchi at 3 and open with Davis and Marsh.
Marsh and Davis opening is right, but it's definitely North at three for mine, Voges to stay at fourth, Pomers fifth, and Ronchi pinch-hitting at six. Ronchi doesn't belong in the top order, as valuable as his contributions can be.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tasmania squad to take on QLD at the GABBA starting Friday.

Daniel Marsh (Captain)
George Bailey (Vice-Captain)
Travis Birt
Luke Butterworth
Gerard Denton
Michael Dighton
Mark Divin
Xavier Doherty
Brett Geeves
Ben Hilfenhaus
Rhett Lockyear
Tim MacDonald
Tim Paine

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Certainly reckon he's more suited down the order, but why so certain?
Very good eye and clean hitter of the ball, but not the most technically correct batsman. Very simple movements, in terms of footwork I'd compare him to Symonds a bit, from playing against him. Tended to play a little squarer than that though, but this is a year or two ago.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Tasmania squad to take on QLD at the GABBA starting Friday.

Daniel Marsh (Captain)
George Bailey (Vice-Captain)
Travis Birt
Luke Butterworth
Gerard Denton
Michael Dighton
Mark Divin
Xavier Doherty
Brett Geeves
Ben Hilfenhaus
Rhett Lockyear
Tim MacDonald
Tim Paine
Is that a one day, or four day, game?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is that a one day, or four day, game?
4 day squad.

I would probably go with..

1 Dighton
2 Lockyear
3 Birt
4 Bailey
5 Marsh
6 Paine
7 Butterworth
8 Doherty
9 Geeves
10 Denton
11 Hilfenhaus.

I've got to admit I don't know much about Tim MacDonald.