Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Cricket ground?

Best Cricket ground?

I have a liking for the Oval haven't been in it but I've seen it from the outside,And I've obviously seen it on Tele and it looks good

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Of the top quality/ internation standard grounds, for me it's either the SCG, or the Ted Burge Sportsground.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Banned
    Gabba>>>SCG

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Edgbaston i heard
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Like the ambience of the Gabba, makes the crowd acoustics sound different to anywhere else in the world.

Edgbaston good value too, for the frequency of quality matches it hosts.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Yeah, I used to like the Gabba, but last time i went there I thought the changes, while making it more comfortable, took away some of the character of the ground.

I fear a similar fate withthe SCG now the Hill is gone.

PS: Newlands is nice as well.

Basin Reserve

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Basin Reserve is a lovely ground, but the two stands desperately need replacement/refurbishment. It looks like the set rejected for the original film of Get Carter if you are sitting looking towards the R.A.Vance stand. At least it ensures you concentrate on the cricket as the pitch and its environs are, indeed, a delight.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Basin Reserve for me too, and it's great in Sydney now too having such a nice cricket watching ground such as the SCG available.

The Cake tin is awful, can't stand watching any sort of sport there. Worst ground in the country for me.

Ironic really that Wellington has the best and worst for me.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The Cake tin is awful, can't stand watching any sort of sport there. Worst ground in the country for me.
    Totally agreed. Its an abysmal sports ground. The only sport that I can see it working for is Aussie Rules. You're just so far away from the action for any other sport, PLUS they always close off the front three rows for the cricket. Its a pathetic ground.

Compare this with places like the Suncorp which have a much more open design, or the Waikato Stadium where you're always up close to the action and the Cake Tin is shown to be, frankly, an embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Totally agreed. Its an abysmal sports ground. The only sport that I can see it working for is Aussie Rules. You're just so far away from the action for any other sport, PLUS they always close off the front three rows for the cricket. Its a pathetic ground.

Compare this with places like the Suncorp which have a much more open design, or the Waikato Stadium where you're always up close to the action and the Cake Tin is shown to be, frankly, an embarassment.
    You're right on the money there.

I was really disappointed when Athletic Park was brought down. That was a fantastic rugby watching ground, and I enjoyed many a game there with my Dad through the years. Even though the location obviously wasn't as good as where the Caketin is I always hoped they would just do it up and stick with it, along with an upgraded Basin Reserve for cricket.

Tim
    If they put up a really nice Pavillion at Queenstown, it would be unrivalled if you ask me.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Seddon Park in Hamilton is my favourite of the grounds I've been to. Also liked the Basin Reserve and The Oval.

Eden Park is woeful. The atmosphere at the Twenty20 was great though, it works well there. Don't like the Cake Tin either.

International Debutant
    Have only been to the G for intl or domestic... would like to watch intl cricket on a normal sized ground one day

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Seddon Park in Hamilton is my favourite of the grounds I've been to. Also liked the Basin Reserve and The Oval.

Eden Park is woeful. The atmosphere at the Twenty20 was great though, it works well there. Don't like the Cake Tin either.
    AWTA, went to the Eng/NZ game, sitting in the terraces, one of the best crowds at a cricket game in Auckland for a while. But something needs to be done about it's dimentions.

I really like Queenstown as a ground, always looks good on TV. Must go to a game there one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information