• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCL - Global Division 5, Jersey May 2008

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haroon510

International 12th Man
this has to be given the worst prediction of the week award right? Both of these prediction came to be false.

But Afghanistan beat Nepal by 37 runs
Afghanistan 142 all out (49.3 overs)
Nepal 105 all out (45.5 overs)

Jersey beat the USA by 84 runs
Jersey 220-5 (50.0 overs)
USA 136 all out (38.2 overs)

i kind of wanted that, and that's exactly what happened. I picked Afghanistan over Nepal because of the simple fact that they are so emotional about it and they have a website dedicated to their journey and watching the movie would be cool:happy: . Really though I wished that nepal and afghanistan both made it to the final because they are about the same and with about the same amount of potential. Which is why I wanted Nepal to come in 2nd in it's group so it didn't play afghanistan.

On usa, I kind of support them because are still carrying our name even though i don't know how many are actually americans....so it's like kind of wanted them to progress but still bitter they should introduce a quota system like uae at least.cause you know what even if we made it to the world cup the news (if it even metions it) would just say the teams made up of indian expats bla bla bla and i don't think any of us would still give a flying fuz about cricket on the other hand if it was a team made with a lot us and some expats then there would be a bit more interest in it...in way its good and bad...good because we get stay here figure out a grass root connections before making it to the top level because usa team made of expats at the top level doesn't help cricket. It shows us how weak it is that we are in the world cup and we dont even have a real american team.
afghans made it to final.. that is a good news for me..

you said they have a website dedicated to this tournment.. can i get that website from you please?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Semi-Final 1: Nepal V Afghanistan
Semi-Final 2: USA V Jersey

How intresting could this be? My vote:

Nepal from 1st Semi Final but the toughest choise from second match, anyways ill choose USA.

Anymore Predictions????
Am so happy that even USA (Who played in 2004 CT) are beatable at this level. Showz the way cricket is improving... Jersey hats off & great going.... Clearly now the tournament favs...
damn 0 for 3, a bad week for you huh.

Afghanistan beat Jersey by 2 wickets
Jersey 80 all out (39.5 overs)
Afghanistan 81-8 (37.4 overs)

low scoring game, really though i don't think either of these teams gonna make it to this qualifiers but probably for 2015(*may be wrong). however, congrats to both.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Ya the batting has to improve from both the sides, or is it the pitches as u don't see any high scoring game in the tournament other then Norway's 300+??? Anyways i feel these two teams are still capable of making to the Div 3 in Argentina... Will be really tough from there....

stumpski

International Captain
I was surprised to see Nepal slumming it with the likes of Mozambique and Jersey in Div. 5 - I thought they were much better than that - so I decided to check on who's in the other divisions. Div. 1: no surprises there, it's the likes of Canada, Holland and Scotland (the only division whose matches have ODI status, none of the others are even List A); Div. 2, Denmark, Oman, Namibia; Div. 3: Argentina, Uganda, Cayman Islands ... but no Division 4?! What's that all about?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I was surprised to see Nepal slumming it with the likes of Mozambique and Jersey in Div. 5 - I thought they were much better than that - so I decided to check on who's in the other divisions. Div. 1: no surprises there, it's the likes of Canada, Holland and Scotland (the only division whose matches have ODI status, none of the others are even List A); Div. 2, Denmark, Oman, Namibia; Div. 3: Argentina, Uganda, Cayman Islands ... but no Division 4?! What's that all about?
Division 4 is made up of the relegated teams from Division 3 and the promoted teams from Division 5.

It's all a bit complicated, but ensures that teams can progress rapidly through the divisions rather than only relegate/promote once a year.