• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCL - Global Division 5, Jersey May 2008

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I am a fan of Afghanistan team too, but I think their arrogance is hurting them.

So you call a bunch of Pakistani immigrants forming a team a progress !!

Happy for Mozambique.
Norwegians are not sufficiently cool enough to play cricket unlike Kenyans:cool:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Always on the cards for Afghanistan defeat... Now atleast they should learn from their mistakes. Clash against Jersy looks tough for them. If they loose they won't even be among the top 4... On the other hand Singapore need to win against Bahamas & Japan (If replayed) dos'nt look too difficult for them... All the best Afghanistan, hope u don't disappoint ur fans... Nepal, USA & Jersy reach Semi finals.

Wat a surprise after their consistent performance Jersy has got any votes to win the tournament???

Efaz

U19 12th Man
If Afghanistan wins against Jersey tomorrow (which I doubt will happen), and Singapore wins against Bahamas and Japan, Jersey, Afghanistan, and Singapore all will be tied with 8 points. Then the two qualifiers from group B will be decided on net run rate.

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Rain the only winner

28 May 2008

Rain had the last laugh in Jersey where all the matches in the ICC World Cricket League Division 5 (WCL Div. 5) were abandoned due to torrential and persistent rain on Wednesday.

As Japan and Singapore had their match abandoned on Monday 27 May, the ICC Event Technical Committee, as per 12.1.6 of the ICC World Cricket League Division 5 Playing Conditions, decided that this game will be rearranged to tomorrow in order to ensure all teams in Group B have played an equal number of games. There will be no other matches in this group.

All teams in Group B, as a result of the matches abandoned, were awarded one point each. All matches in Group A that had been due to be played on Wednesday 28 May will now be scheduled for Thursday 29 May.

The venues for all these matches will be announced via the official event website, www.iccworldcricketleague.com in due course.

As a result of today’s abandoned matches, Jersey has topped Group B while Afghanistan will have to wait for the outcome of the game between Japan and Singapore to know whether it can progress any further in the tournament.

Singapore not only needs to win its match against Japan but by a huge margin as it has a net run-rate of -0.11 against Afghanistan’s +1.63.

In Group A, Nepal and the USA have already sealed their places in Friday’s semi-finals but Thursday’s match will decide which team tops the Group and faces the number two team from Group B.

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Points table

Because of low NRR, Singapore is unlikely to make the semifinal, unless they do something like scoring 350+ runs and then getting Japan out for a below 50 score.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
But Singapore has two matches left against Bahamas & Japan. If they win both & Afghanistan loose with Jersey, Singapore can qualify...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The Foos who planned this tourney forgot to check the weather forecast it seams and BA Baracus pities them all

stumpski

International Captain
Jersey is usually pretty good at this time of year, but you can never rule out rain in any tournament arranged in northern Europe.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jersey is usually pretty good at this time of year, but you can never rule out rain in any tournament arranged in northern Europe.
Indeed. And they could hardly move the tournament a week for fear of rain either.

Looks like Norway might lose to Germany. Which means they'd have to play off for ninth. Not what I expected tbh.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Semi-Final 1: Nepal V Afghanistan
Semi-Final 2: USA V Jersey

How intresting could this be? My vote:

Nepal from 1st Semi Final but the toughest choise from second match, anyways ill choose USA.

Anymore Predictions????

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Semi-Final 1: Nepal V Afghanistan
Semi-Final 2: USA V Jersey

How intresting could this be? My vote:

Nepal from 1st Semi Final but the toughest choise from second match, anyways ill choose USA.

Anymore Predictions????
this has to be given the worst prediction of the week award right? Both of these prediction came to be false.

But Afghanistan beat Nepal by 37 runs
Afghanistan 142 all out (49.3 overs)
Nepal 105 all out (45.5 overs)

Jersey beat the USA by 84 runs
Jersey 220-5 (50.0 overs)
USA 136 all out (38.2 overs)

i kind of wanted that, and that's exactly what happened. I picked Afghanistan over Nepal because of the simple fact that they are so emotional about it and they have a website dedicated to their journey and watching the movie would be cool:happy: . Really though I wished that nepal and afghanistan both made it to the final because they are about the same and with about the same amount of potential. Which is why I wanted Nepal to come in 2nd in it's group so it didn't play afghanistan.

On usa, I kind of support them because are still carrying our name even though i don't know how many are actually americans....so it's like kind of wanted them to progress but still bitter they should introduce a quota system like uae at least.cause you know what even if we made it to the world cup the news (if it even metions it) would just say the teams made up of indian expats bla bla bla and i don't think any of us would still give a flying fuz about cricket on the other hand if it was a team made with a lot us and some expats then there would be a bit more interest in it...in way its good and bad...good because we get stay here figure out a grass root connections before making it to the top level because usa team made of expats at the top level doesn't help cricket. It shows us how weak it is that we are in the world cup and we dont even have a real american team.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Am so happy that even USA (Who played in 2004 CT) are beatable at this level. Showz the way cricket is improving... Jersey hats off & great going.... Clearly now the tournament favs...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Am so happy that even USA (Who played in 2004 CT) are beatable at this level. Showz the way cricket is improving... Jersey hats off & great going.... Clearly now the tournament favs...
The ICC always anted the USA for the money and it serves them right that this little cash cow has been shown up.