• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you were born as a cricketer who would you like to be?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm... imagine I would if I was gay TBH. The realities are often far different from the suppositions, though, so that's about all as can be said.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Simple old question.:)

Imran Khan or Shane Warne for me,both had quite an eventful life on and off the field. They also had one thing in common: an unsuccessful marriage.
do you aspire to the unsuccessful marriage part as well since you are stressing on it?:)

Lightspeed

Cricket Spectator
Tough choice...

Either one of Brett Lee, Dale Steyn, or Waqar Younis. Tough to choose one... probably Waqar though.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Otherwise either one of Hansie Cronje, Lance Klusener or Damien Martyn because I think they are/were complex characters and what went or goes through their head would be interesting.
Hahaha what? I'm sure we all want to be hated by the entire cricketing world and then die in a plane crash before we got the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Neil McKenzie for mine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ITSTL, was expecting a "Mushfiqur Rahim" ITBT.

BTW, I'm presuming those who've so far said McKenzie have done so from the "woman" POV?

Craig

World Traveller
Hahaha what? I'm sure we all want to be hated by the entire cricketing world and then die in a plane crash before we got the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Neil McKenzie for mine.
Well I still think it was a pretty interesting life (like how he changed his life basically when he and Dave Richardson somehow survived after he accidently hit and killed a black girl in township and then the greed) he lead up to his unfortunate death, good times and bad. That and I wanted I to do something completely different.

Lance Klusener would be interesting too, I would loved to have known what went through his head in that game in the '99WC, why he didn't try and belt Damien Fleming or walk up to Allan Donald to run for his life if I had hit the ball. That and his different upbringing (like not speaking English to he was 15/16 and not going to some poncey rich kid private school like a lot of his SA team-mates did).

Frobishero

Cricket Spectator
I'm thinking Darren Lehmann at the moment. Pies, beer and fags and still playing international cricket as well as being a domestic legend in both Australia and England must be enjoyable.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin Tendulkar, just to experience having every run or ball faced analysed by hundreds of millons of people back in India and around the world both amongst fans and the media.

Otherwise either one of Hansie Cronje, Lance Klusener or Damien Martyn because I think they are/were complex characters and what went or goes through their head would be interesting.
Found a lump?