• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which International Team Do You Support?

Which International Team do you Support?

• Total voters

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
My list (associates in brackets so those who pretend they don't exist can ignore them:

1. England
(Norway)

(Nederland)
2. West Indies
(Scotland)
(Ireland)
(Namibia)
(Kenya)
3. Bangladesh

Yes, I know supporting Namibia but not South Africa is strange. Namibia don't have Graeme Smith though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wasn't born in SA, but became interested in cricket when they played England, and I soon moved back there anyway.. Although I don't like seeing England lose, I don't really believe in supporting more than one team, picking and chosing when to take sides depending on who is playing.. Although it would be funny to one day see Namibia beat SA

jeevan

International 12th Man
Perhaps a parallel poll of : which side has your ire could have more cricketing reasoning behind the choices. This one, expectedly, going along tribal lines.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps a parallel poll of : which side has your ire could have more cricketing reasoning behind the choices. This one, expectedly, going along tribal lines.
Its not a competition, rather just to see the demographics and proportion of the CW population that support the different teams.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
1964? Not bad. Think the oldest England fans on here started following around about 1971 (the two Davids).
That would be me, or at least one of them would. Who's the other one?

Lucky Eddie pre-dates me, although we haven't seen much of him lately.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That would be me, or at least one of them would. Who's the other one?
I recently found-out stumpski, who I'd always thought so similar to you in terms of historical knowledge (as well as age) and exceedingly friendly manner, also shares your name. :) Quite a nice coincidence, really.
Lucky Eddie pre-dates me, although we haven't seen much of him lately.
Always forget him these days. The poor fellow is not well again currently, I regret to say. When he is, I'm sure he'll return to these shores.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Its not a competition, rather just to see the demographics and proportion of the CW population that support the different teams.
Certainly not a competition, but not enough interesting discussions coming through either.
For eg if I was an alien dropped from outer space, certainly would think about the NZ team for having made so much out of limited resources. But I'm not, I was born in India. And almost for that reason alone end up in that column.

So even, which team besides your own nationality/origin do you support - will yield more interesting chatter. (there is a lot of value to demographic profiling too, dont get me wrong). My suggestion was another poll in addition to this one.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I recently found-out stumpski, who I'd always thought so similar to you in terms of historical knowledge (as well as age) and exceedingly friendly manner, also shares your name. :) Quite a nice coincidence, really.
Makes sense - I'd figured we must be similar vintage.

Always forget him these days. The poor fellow is not well again currently, I regret to say. When he is, I'm sure he'll return to these shores.
Really sorry to hear about that.

Protean

State Regular
South Africa, then any other African team, which so far has only been Zim for me but I'd support Kenya too :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
WI unfortunately. Wasn't interested in cricket before the slide happened. Only got into it post-2000.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India and then Australia. Some brain deficiency or something in me always wants Australia to prevail, because they are the best team and them winning is 'how it should be'. I'm not proud of such an ethos, but it is not something which I consciously control. However, when India play Australia, the alligance is with India. I support India above all!

ret

International Debutant
Ist India .... 2nd Canada .... 3rd keeps changing, now it is probably Pak