• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which International Team Do You Support?

Which International Team do you Support?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ
Ireland)
Bangers
Sri Lanka
India
West Indies

Never support: Pak, Saf, Aus or Eng.

(unless they are playing an exhilarating match against Aus)

Chubb

International Regular
Zimbabwe obviously, then New Zealand because I am proud to hold a fairly tenuous citizenship certificate and can't wait for the day when I can live there. I've never been a patriotic Englishman, though I don't like to see them lose. I like being different.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England, being English & that. Then I do that slightly wanky English thing of rooting for the underdogs. Have family connections to Ireland (well, one deceased grandparent) so was particularly pleased when they exceeded all expectations in the 2007 WC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually, that beats me then. My earliest memories are from 1974/1975ish. The first players whose names stuck in my head were Bob Woolmer and David Steele.
Haha. What a coincidence that we should be discussing this the day before your 43rd birthday (if the date on the CW calender is right :ph34r:).

:happybday fella - hope you read this post sometime soon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia, then anyone playing England.

Had a periodic hatred for India over the New Year, but I'm pretty much over it now. Mostly because I like Tendulkar so much as a player. Would want them to beat England, just as they did last year.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
India...... born in India.
Used to support the Australian team back in Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh era but the team's put me off in last 3 or 4 years.
Its more of a case of whoever plays Aus now.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia obviously. I like seeing England bumble to a loss against anyone (see vs NZ last week). I like seeing the WI win. I'd like to coach the Swedish women's team.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
New Zealand, have a strong affection for that country, so unique in all ways, and the sporting teams aren't bad. And that anthem... my oh my.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Usually been Australia first, the rest lumped together except for England at the bottom. Nowadays I have more pity for England than dislike. They've been replaced by the Indians, right at the bottom.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia obv, then anyone playing England really. Like to see the underdog get up, except of course when that underdog is England.

You ruined my 17th Birthday. :(

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It'll be very interesting to see the demographic changes five-ten years from now, as internet access gets more widespread in the subcontinent, and more people learn English. Quite a few Indian supporters right now are living in the US or somewhere outside India.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Myself, Jono, Adharcric, Turbinator, Dasa, unccricket, R_D, Manee, ret, jeevan, Janus, irfan, and duffer all live outside of India.

Thats 13/16 Indian fans so far living outside of India!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not a lot of CWers know this, but I support England. I am pretty discreet about it though.

Don't have a second team...I do the childish thing of wishing defeat on those who beat us recently, which is most teams lately (:@ :laugh:) and also I am quite anal and like to see us high in the rankings so where possible I go for whatever would benefit us that way :laugh: