• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Am I Un-Australian?

soulfulofunk

Cricket Spectator
I have followed the Aussie cricket team very closely since 84/5 - through the bad years and into the good. But for some reason I find myself barracking for India in this test? Am I un-Australian?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have followed the Aussie cricket team very closely since 84/5 - through the bad years and into the good. But for some reason I find myself barracking for India in this test? Am I un-Australian?
No such thing as being un-Australian. I hate the term and what some people try to imply by using it.

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
Definitely not mate......you should be barracking the game....even i am all for the aussie team when it plays against pak or eng or SA for that matter...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Doesn't sound very Australian to me. You're lucky you haven't been deported with an attitude like that.

sideshowtim

Banned
I agree that un-Australian is a silly term, you're not 'un-Australian', but you're not a true fan of your team if you ever wish to see them lose. It's as simple as that.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno about un-Australian, ideally we all want to see a good contest but to support the other country is a bit far...

irfan

State Captain
Na mate. You're an Australian who supports the underdog. It's all right to jump ship :)
Welcome on board.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Well I'm as a big fan as you can get but nah mate you're not un-Australian. As much as I want them to win this match, I wouldn't be upset whatsoever if they lost. You just can't keep winning. It's a fact of life.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite simply, yes. A true supporter never wants to see his team lose. End of story.
TBH, I don't think this is a comment completely devoid of merit, if a little blunt. I cannot, ever, see there being a circumstance where I'll be outright happy to see England lose (or, more accurately perhaps, play sufficiently poorly to deserve to lose) a Test-match. Now, lots can change, and maybe things will be different should the unlikely event of England dominating World cricket for 15 years come to pass in, say, 2027 (I'll be 41!!!!!!!! :scared: AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!).

But wanting to see a good standard of competition is different to wanting your team to lose a match.

burr

State Vice-Captain
un-Australian is a most hideous, john howardesque term. Please try and never use it.