• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar and Asif in the news again

Xuhaib

International Coach
Fazel-Akbar (sp), Riaz Afridi, Najaf Shah.
Frm these 3 I would rate only Najaf better then Sami but we have Abdur Rauf, Irfan Fazil, Sohail Tanver, Akhter Ayub, Anwar Ali, Jamshed Ahmed, Shahid Nazir and one or two that are escaping my mind.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So why is Shoaib the only one who is punished here ? TBF Asif does not appear to be a saint.

In an interview to an Indian news channel Akthar has apologised to his fans and rest of the cricket world, he said he had already apologised to Asif and he said "that i am only a human being and i am bound to make mistakes and i made a mistake in the heat of the moment".
I also heard him say that he has been handed with a 5 Odi match ban, so PCB has again let him off the hook.
That 5 match ban is by team management committee i.e Coach,Captain,Manager etc.PCB disciplinary committee will investigate this case & decide whether to ban him for life or not.

The chief selector said that Najaf Shah is most likely to be sent to play in place of Shoaib Akhtar.He might not be great but is at least better than Naved-ul-Hasan,Mohammad Sami & other available options.

Frm these 3 I would rate only Najaf better then Sami but we have Abdur Rauf, Irfan Fazil, Sohail Tanver, Akhter Ayub, Anwar Ali, Jamshed Ahmed, Shahid Nazir and one or two that are escaping my mind.
Waqar Ahmed,Fazl-e-Akbar,Riaz Afridi & Samiullah Niazi.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS....

Sohail Tanvir selected to replace shoaib akhtar in 20/20 squad.
Thats a surprise for me as from what Salahuddin said today,it looked as if Najaf Shah would be sent.He's not the one whom I think should be playing but is atleast better than crap like Azhar Mahmood,Rao Iftikhar,Sami,Abdul Razzaq,Rana Naved etc.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
Surprised Anwar Ali Khan hasnt been given a chance yet.

Anyway, Sohail Tanvir is a Left arm fast bowling All rounder. Very unorthodox Quick arm bowling action.

Took 4 wickets against Australia A today.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Yeh that is true Bhupinder but i was just wondering to see whether he had a decent amount of pace to be able to fight for a place in the ODI and Test squads.