• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many grounds have you watched cricket at?

stumpski

International Captain
I don't mean your local club, village or school team - just Test, ODIs, FC or List A matches. I can do twelve:

Lord's, Oval - too many times to mention
Canterbury - about 10-12 times
Guildford, Maidstone - 3 or 4 times each
Whitgift School, Croydon - 3 times
Arundel, Chelmsford, Hove, Tunbridge Wells, Southgate, Uxbridge - once each

I try to get to one new ground each season. Hoping to get to the Rose Bowl in September. I imagine there are England-based members who can do much better, although not in Australia, perhaps, where the venues are much more spread out (and there aren't so many).

Do we have any well-travelled fans on here?

Last edited:

open365

International Vice-Captain
Unfortunately not for me.

Only been to Edgbaston, Old Trafford and Liverpool.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's quite a spread.
Egdbaston is my local, had to kill a few hours in London last year when i was doing the same-day-last-minute passport thing so went to Lords and was up in Durham for a couple of days a couple of years ago and Warks. were playing, so i went along.

nottypilgrim

Cricket Spectator
Trent Bridge as I'm a member. Off on Sunday for the Worcester game.

Lytham St Annes

Worksop

Abberdale Park Sheffield

stumpski

International Captain
Do Warwickshire still play at outgrounds? They used to play at Coventry I seem to remember, and Stratford on Avon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Warks haven't played at outgrounds for something like 14 years or so isn't it?

Though that might be somewhere else.

Anyway - never been a spectator at Taunton but did play there once, and when I play I generally watch, at least when I'm in the field; watched a day of a Test at The Oval (1998) and Headingley (2003); and have seen stuff at Edgbaston at CW MU 2006 (not that attentively).

That, UIMM, is it.

Presuming, this is, that it's major-grounds-only. If club grounds are included, too many to name.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do Warwickshire still play at outgrounds? They used to play at Coventry I seem to remember, and Stratford on Avon.
Warks haven't played at outgrounds for something like 14 years or so isn't it?
They certainly played at Stratford upon Avon the last 2 years (but not this year). Despite living much closer to there than Edgbaston i didn't actually go, but i have played on it. :cool:
This season all their home games are at Edgbaston.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Newcastle (ODI), Gabba, SCG, MCG, WACA and whatever the SA ground is called (very memorable as I saw Merv Hughes score 72* & Dean Jones score 216, plus the crowd went through 73 kegs of beer on the hill, a record I believe :) )

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ind33d. Is an infinitely better view given by the cameras than by almost any ground at even the best seating areas.

stumpski

International Captain
Presuming, this is, that it's major-grounds-only. If club grounds are included, too many to name.
Nothing wrong with including club grounds if a county or international side was playing there. Half the grounds I listed are club grounds used mainly for 2nd XI matches (and club matches, obviously) but a county first team was playing on each occasion.

In fact the game I saw at Arundel was a tour match - a Rest of the World XI vs the Australians in 1977 - a match whose scorecard I've never been able to find on the 'net (it's not on Cricinfo or cricketarchive). It was a forerunner to the ICC World XI matches of 2005-06.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I'm a lucky 10 year old, I'm off to watch England v India at Headingley in September I thinks its on the 2nd, which is a sunday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nothing wrong with including club grounds if a county or international side was playing there. Half the grounds I listed are club grounds used mainly for 2nd XI matches (and club matches, obviously) but a county first team was playing on each occasion.

In fact the game I saw at Arundel was a tour match - a Rest of the World XI vs the Australians in 1977 - a match whose scorecard I've never been able to find on the 'net (it's not on Cricinfo or cricketarchive). It was a forerunner to the ICC World XI matches of 2005-06.
Well I guess Cyprus or The Faroe Islands might have played at some grounds at some point, but I can't say it'd interest me if they did. :)