• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cairnsy hits a big phat barkin' SAX!!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I heard that Marlon Samuels apparently hit a pretty awesome six. Ted Corbett mentioned in his piece that it would have gone out of the MCG. I think it was in the first Twenty20 match between England and West Indies in the recent series. Anyone can elaborate on that?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I heard that Marlon Samuels apparently hit a pretty awesome six. Ted Corbett mentioned in his piece that it would have gone out of the MCG. I think it was in the first Twenty20 match between England and West Indies in the recent series. Anyone can elaborate on that?
I can't remember if it was a Twenty20 game or an ODI, but I'm pretty sure he hit the ball right out of the ground.

archie mac

International Coach
Mark Waugh lobbed an on-drive off Vettori onto the roof of the Lillee-Marsh stand at the WACA - le massive. Probably the biggest six I've seen, bt I only saw it on TV.
Yes that is the biggest one I have seen, I would like to have seen Trott hitting Noble over the Lords pavillon:)

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Tendulkar's assault on Akthar at the 2003 WC had some great shots, including some awesome sixes in it as well.
I checked that match as well, seeing that I believed there would be a few. But Sachin only hit one six in that innings and it was an uppercut over third man. :)

haroon510

International 12th Man
I checked that match as well, seeing that I believed there would be a few. But Sachin only hit one six in that innings and it was an uppercut over third man. :)
akhter's first deliver, very short and wide and fast.. a touch with good timing... raised over the fance for six.. can't forget that moment..

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
That was a huge shot. I'm pretty sure it was in the Twenty20.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes that is the biggest one I have seen, I would like to have seen Trott hitting Noble over the Lords pavillon:)
Yeah, apparently Miller went closest to that - he hit the media box in the Victory Tests - the box wasn't there when Trott did it - so the old bloke who took me on the tour of Lord's and saw Miller's effort reckoned that in the pre-media days his would have gone out of the ground as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Probably Jon Dakin hitting Michael Burns in a Sunday League game a few years ago.. I know Taunton is a small ground, but it was the only hit i've seen that carried on going up as it left the ground..

Oh, and that Afridi six indoors at the Millenium Stadium, I was sat in the firing line of that one.. Good evening out that was...