• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposed Changes in CW Awards

Are you in favor of the proposed changes?

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
Precisely. The purpose of the OT award, if we were to create one, is to provide a little something for CC posters who are also involved in OT and give OT a little recognition until OT sets up their own set of awards, which may just be never.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Precisely. The purpose of the OT award, if we were to create one, is to provide a little something for CC posters who are also involved in OT and give OT a little recognition until OT sets up their own set of awards, which may just be never.
well, that makes it different, even though I have voted no here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
CDM actually tried to start up OT awards, and he was basically blasted for the idea and ended up deleting his own thread. Worth noting IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
CDM actually tried to start up OT awards, and he was basically blasted for the idea and ended up deleting his own thread. Worth noting IMO.
Haha, point noted.
Maybe because it was CDM?
Depends if it was early cdm or now well-respected cdm tbh
It was about a week ago IIRC. Could have been 2.
I presume he tried it again recently, then, and that I didn't see it because it was deleted. I remember he tried it about 3 months ago, in the days when he was awful, and was, naturally, shot down. That thread definately still exists, and most of the ire was towards the poster rather than the subject.

If it was done again recently, then as I say, it was deleted before I saw, so I know nothing about it.

adharcric

International Coach
Haha, wow - the exact opposite to what I voted.

Anyway, if we do have an award for OT, I think it should be for the best thread in there. Having to scour the whole OT forum could be a bit much for whoever gives out the award, but if they only had to recognise the best thread idea, it'd be easier and could work fairly well IMO. We could call it the David Lloyd award in recognition of his off-topic tangents while commentating.
Looks like this is the best (only) idea that anyone can come up with ... Sean, what do you think of the David Lloyd award? :unsure:

archie mac

International Coach
Looks like this is the best (only) idea that anyone can come up with ... Sean, what do you think of the David Lloyd award? :unsure:
I think we should try and see how we go tbh:)

If it does not work it will not be the first award that as been axed:ph34r:

Who will choose it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's certainly an interesting suggestion... I think we tend to incorporate that into the Agarkar\Mohammed sometimes, or at least Gelman certainly did. He gave it to sideshowtim in one case, for instance, and he'd certainly be up there for an Award of the nature you suggest any week he posted.

I wouldn't mind it at all, but I get a bit wary about having too many Awards (and so do Akhil and Sean)... I wonder what everyone thinks about that, too.