• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aaaaand guess what? After showing the Moores piece twice... yes... they show the Sarwan one again. :wallbash:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
People arguing over who's better out of Lara, Border, Waugh, Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Ponting, etc.

:wallbash:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha yeah. Just because we've been here for ages, doesn't mean that we should obstruct the right of others to have the same arguments that we may have been through before their arrival.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
99% International cricket commentators.

Maybe I am just too much of a snobbish, elitist cricket fan but I do like to hear intellegent commentary when watching cricket. 99% of the commentators will just talk the usual stuff. Botham - the rain break will help the bowling side more than the batsmen. SHEEEESH. HOW many time have I heard that in my life if I think of it? Don't ****ing talk in cliches ALL the time. No, I can't turn off the commentary because I do like to hear the crowds, get the feel of the match and want so intellegent commentary alongside it. And it isn't like cricket commentary is that difficult. I am not not talking TMS standard. Even general radio commentators doing county matches are much better than these former stars who commentate international games most of the times. Why can other sports have so much good commentary but cricket, where there is so many intriguing aspects to talk about, be bereft of quality commentary? Tennis gets so many good commentators all the time for instance. Bah.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
People arguing over who's better out of Lara, Border, Waugh, Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Ponting, etc.

:wallbash:
Um, that is 99% of the fun in this forum. As a stats-guy, I am always fascinated at the various records people manage to use and misuse in defense of their already-made decisions.

stumpski

International Captain
No - 3.5 day Test matches are worse - especially when I have tickets for Day 4!
Or when I have a ticket for the fifth day and one of the teams forfeits the match on day four. I hate it when that happens.

And commentators saying "that was worth the price of admission alone" when someone plays a good shot. Not worth 50 quid, it isn't. And usually it's said by someone who hasn't paid to see a cricket match in 30 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What else is there to do?
Haha yeah. Just because we've been here for ages, doesn't mean that we should obstruct the right of others to have the same arguments that we may have been through before their arrival.
Um, that is 99% of the fun in this forum. As a stats-guy, I am always fascinated at the various records people manage to use and misuse in defense of their already-made decisions.
What on Earth would be the point in doing the latter?

The only reason it annoys me is because everyone always seems to end-up saying the same thing: "Viv Richards dominated like no other so he must be better than near enough anyone".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or when I have a ticket for the fifth day and one of the teams forfeits the match on day four. I hate it when that happens.
Don't worry, it's only happened once in Test history. :) And there's a fair chance it'll never happen again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given that both Sanz and Dasa say so, I'd believe so myself.

In any case, I've never seen that innings where Clarke took 6-9 but surely some of it must have been down to bad batting rather than good bowling on a very helpful pitch?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, I saw that particular game and it turned square. It rained on the morning of day 1, but the pitch wasn't affected by rain, iirc. In any event, by the morning of th match, the pitch was already prepared. The game was over in less than 3 days. There was a lot of talk about the deck after the game:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/141533.html

It was particularly embarrasing for, I think Nathan Hauritz, who was playing as an offie and Clarke completely out-bowled him.

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
99% International cricket commentators.

Maybe I am just too much of a snobbish, elitist cricket fan but I do like to hear intellegent commentary when watching cricket. 99% of the commentators will just talk the usual stuff. Botham - the rain break will help the bowling side more than the batsmen. SHEEEESH. HOW many time have I heard that in my life if I think of it? Don't ****ing talk in cliches ALL the time. No, I can't turn off the commentary because I do like to hear the crowds, get the feel of the match and want so intellegent commentary alongside it. And it isn't like cricket commentary is that difficult. I am not not talking TMS standard. Even general radio commentators doing county matches are much better than these former stars who commentate international games most of the times. Why can other sports have so much good commentary but cricket, where there is so many intriguing aspects to talk about, be bereft of quality commentary? Tennis gets so many good commentators all the time for instance. Bah.
With you on that one, Pratyush.
No, I saw that particular game and it turned square. It rained on the morning of day 1, but the pitch wasn't affected by rain, iirc. In any event, by the morning of th match, the pitch was already prepared. The game was over in less than 3 days. There was a lot of talk about the deck after the game:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/141533.html

It was particularly embarrasing for, I think Nathan Hauritz, who was playing as an offie and Clarke completely out-bowled him.
Nah, the rain affected the preparation of the pitch which led to it being significantly 'under-prepared'.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With you on that one, Pratyush.

Nah, the rain affected the preparation of the pitch which led to it being significantly 'under-prepared'.
Then why was it a dust bowl?

Anyways, agree with you and Pratyush re the other part of the post. Very annoying.