• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most popular cricketers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. A reformed bad-boy is always popular. Guess the same might be true of Runako Morton.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
  1. Cook
  2. Dravid
  3. Ponting
  4. Kallis
  5. Inzamam
  6. Flintoff
  7. Gilchrist +
  8. Lee
  9. Ntini
  10. Bond
  11. Asif
Unlike some, I actually like cricketers from most countries ;).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Phil Jaques
AB DeVilliers
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke
Mahela Jayawardene
Shane Watson
Kumar Sangakkarra
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Simon Jones

dankhedun

Cricket Spectator
Gayle
Lara
Tikolo
Fleming
Sangakarra
Leverocke
Pollock
Kallis
Vaughan
Murali
Warne

The rest of the aussies are idiots!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hope I'm not too late

1. Michael Vaughan
2. Daren Ganga
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Boeta Dippenaar
5. Herschelle Gibbs
6. Mark Boucher
7. Andrew Hall
8. Justin Kemp
9. Brett Lee
10. Charl Langeveldt
11. Fidel Edwards

kevin12

Cricket Spectator
Greats Team

Shane Warne (best spin bowler -ever-)
Sachin Tendulkar (crazy well skilled indian batter)
Brian Lara (run scoring feasts)
Ricky Ponting (captain indefinitely)
Sir Donald Bradman (who wouldnt want this guy?)
Glen McGrath (this guy and warne, head for the hills mumma)
Imran Khan (who needs 3 stumps when u can have 16 splinters)
Adam Gilchrist (best wicket keeper batter)
Vivian Richards (this guy just wants to run all day)

That and throw the Waugh brothers in, super glue !

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very surprised that people have named Graeme Smith as a favourite. To each their own & all, but I think the bloke comes across as a big blow-hard myself. None too popular amongst his fellow pros either, from what some say.

Anyway, if we're talking in terms of global popularity I'd say Sachin & Dravid would be head-and-shoulders clear of anyone else because of the sheer weight of numbers of cricket fans in India. Or, at least, they were until recently... :ph34r:

Personally my favourite current player is BC Lara; absolute joy to watch when he's zonal. Others I like to watch & who seem decent coves include Gilchrist, Dravid, Kumble, Bond, Hussey, Pietersen, Colly & Fred. I did have a lot of regard for young Asif too until recently, but he has blotted his copybook somewhat.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Very surprised that people have named Graeme Smith as a favourite. To each their own & all, but I think the bloke comes across as a big blow-hard myself. None too popular amongst his fellow pros either, from what some say.
I was thinking that myself actually. Don't actually mind him that much myself, but know loads of people that do.