• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most popular cricketers

Fiery

Banned
Shahriar Nafees
Sanath Jayasuriya
Younis Khan
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Kumar Sangakkara
Anil Kumble
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Asif
Muttiah Muralitharan
I see you have a token non-Asian in there

pup11

International Coach
I think Fiery has never been much of a Lee fan (or for that matter of any australian player), so explaining to him that why Lee's good won't help.

I guess Fiery just takes the trans-tasman thing a bit too seriously.

Fiery

Banned
I think Fiery has never been much of a Lee fan (or for that matter of any australian player), so explaining to him that why Lee's good won't help.

I guess Fiery just takes the trans-tasman thing a bit too seriously.
I like a few Australian players, I just can't think of any at the moment...sorry about the negativity tonight, I'm trying to give up smoking and a bit grumpy

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Justin Langer
Rahul Dravid
Ricky Ponting
Kevin Pietersen
Kumar Sangakarra
Shane Watson
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Matthew Hoggard
Monty Panesar
Muttiah Muralitharan.

pasag

RTDAS
Funny, up till now I thought you were my biggest fan
I try with you, I really do. It's just the way you seem to 'hate' Australian players and the words you use to express it really annoy me. But hey, that might be my issue and not yours. I just want to register the fact that I find the way you go about expressing your distaste for certain players, mainly Australian, cringeworthy, to me. Just putting it out there.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
100% for a different country Perm! His Indian money-chasing, wicket-celebrating (whether it be the chain-saw, the fist-pump or the gay little run and leap for joy) ways make me wanna hate all Australians tbh
I don't care where he is from, the effort he puts it into it just makes me admire him. I do hate the leap he does though.

Lee gained tons of my respect during the 2005 Ashes series tbh.

Hated the guy until then though.
Agree totally, 2005 Ashes made him a true champion in my eyes.

Fiery

Banned
I try with you, I really do. It's just the way you seem to 'hate' Australian players and the words you use to express it really annoy me. But hey, that might be my issue and not yours. I just want to register the fact that I find the way you go about expressing your distaste for certain players, mainly Australian, cringeworthy, to me. Just putting it out there.
So you've said. It's the hero-worship they get on here that probably does it....I can tolerate most of the Australian players but I would take an enormous amount of schaudenfreude if a seagull crapped on either Lee, Watson or Ponting's fish and chips

Last edited:

Perm

So you've said. It's the hero-worship they get on here that probably does it....I can tolerate the most of the Australian players but Lee, Watson and to a lesser extent Ponting are the pits
I don't like Ponting or Watson as players and I can definately see why you don't like Brett Lee, mind you some of the hero-worship that Ross Taylor gets through the NZ media is ridiculous. They must think he's the next Tendulkar of ODI cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss
Cook
Vaughan*
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Trescothick+
Flintoff
Hoggard
Panesar
Simon Jones

:D

pasag

RTDAS
So you've said. It's the hero-worship they get on here that probably does it....I can tolerate most of the Australian players but I would take an enormous amount of schaudenfreude if a seagull crapped on either Lee, Watson or Ponting's fish and chips
Yeah, it doesn't bother me that you don't like them, it's the way you go about voicing it that annoys me. But as I said, that's probably my issue and not yours.

Fiery

Banned
Yeah, it doesn't bother me that you don't like them, it's the way you go about voicing it that annoys me. But as I said, that's probably my issue and not yours.
You probably shouldn't take me too seriously when I have these rants pasag...I'm a wonderful person really :)

pasag

RTDAS
When did you come over and what parts did you visit?
Went in winter last year (during the WC), rented a car with mates and did both islands in three weeks, staying at a different place every night. Started in Auckland and went down to Rotorua to Wellington. Then took a ferry to the South Island and did the whole thing counter clockwise on the coast as I think most road trips do it, through the glaciers, Milford Sound, Queenstown and around to Christchurch. Best thing I've ever done tbh.

Perm

Went in winter last year (during the WC), rented a car with mates and did both islands in three weeks, staying at a different place every night. Started in Auckland and went down to Rotorua to Wellington. Then took a ferry to the South Island and did the whole thing counter clockwise on the coast as I think most road trips do it, through the glaciers, Milford Sound, Queenstown and around to Christchurch. Best thing I've ever done tbh.
Some glorious countryside around Queenstown and Fiordland, absolutely breathtaking.

Hamilton B

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Taking recent form into account alongwith general likeability,

Sanath Jayasuriya
Andrew Strauss
Ricky Ponting
Graeme Smith
Kevin Pietersen
Mike Hussey
Adam Gilchrist +
Shaun Pollock
Matthew Hoggard
Brett Lee
Glenn McGrath/Mohammad Asif

Would have had Dravid in there a few months back, but his public ridiculing of Desai and his report left a bitter taste in the mouth. Captaincy seems to have changed the man.