• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer dies at 58

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Stop being an ass. It's really shameful that you would take a tragic death as an opportunity to take another shot at Pakistan. :@ Woolmer loved coaching Pakistan and loved Pakistan cricket. He was fully aware of the volatile nature of Pakistan cricket and the emotional fans the team attracted. Listening to the stories that people are recounting of Woolmer on GEO news, it is very obvious he loved his experience as a Pakistani coach. Seriously, how hard is it to mourn the loss of a life that contributed so much to the game we love, without taking potshots at Pakistan?
too hard for some it would seem...8-)

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Good post, yeah true, to an extent, but you have to realize that guys come in from all over the world, and Pakistan not only represents a huge personal challenge to manage, but is also a massive culture shock.. People deal with this in different ways, and maybe it got to Bob.. I don't know how I'd react if I heard people in the street actually calling for my death..
I think thats the best way to put it, i cannot even trust the PCB on this, they might have said loads to him and put him under alot pressure after the ireland defeat!!!!! But as far as i think he couldnt digest such a big and shocking defeat after spending soo much time with the team, feel really sorry for what he had to go through..........I never recommended and still wont recommend a foreign coach for pakistan.......

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
If this thread continues down the path it appears to be, I will close it. Please don't make me close a thread that should feature tributes to Bob Woolmer's life, rather than speculation around his death.
Sorry, but I guess it is on a lot of peoples minds. Lets not talk about that

Bob - Great guy, seemed like the orginal Mr Nice, and It is a terrible shame and a tragic loss.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Best Woolmer incidents? Has too be the Opal Fruit and Earpiece fiascos of WC'99.. Such an innovator, but that was taking the piss :laugh:

Majin

International Debutant
Sad way to end a life and a great career. R.I.P

Too many people involved in sport dying this month. :\

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
R.I.P

I am simply shocked and i just can't believe it. Very sad new to wake up to, i am just shocked, thats all i can say. Let's just wait for the official word to see if it a natural cause. R.I.P

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Truly saddening. I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the radio earlier. It puts anything that has happened and will happen on the cricket pitch into perspective - these incidents make you remember what sport truly is.

A committed cricket fan and a true servant of the game. RIP.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He was one of the greatest coach of World cricket.

Great mind with great innovativeness.

He gave his life to cricket.

May Allah rest him in peace.

dass

Banned
seriosuly this is the reason i sometimes hate sports, it becomes too much of a passion, its a job and it should be treated that way.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, what sad news to wake up to, I am absolutely shocked. RIP Bob Woolmer. :(

And for those having pot shots at Pakistan in this thread of all places, have a good look at yourselves in the mirror.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i am...in shock...

Rip great man!

he had a warm heart towards minnow cricket :( we'll miss him