1 Marcus North (batsman) WA
    2 Sean Clingleffer (WK - batsman) TAS
    3 Nathan Haurtiz (off spinner) QLD
    4 James Hopes (All Rounder) QLD
    5 Michael Clarke (batsman) NSW
    6 Shane Watson (All Rounder) TAS
    7 Stuart Clark (bowler) NSW

Thats all i got right now.

i would say clarke (m) at one, he is potentially the next big thing in cricket

what about Cameron white
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Brad Haddin In my oppinion is one of the cleanest hitters in world Cricket I think hes got a future in ODI cricket oppening the batting like Gilchrist.

Pitty his keeping isent a little better because that what is holding him back from becoming the next test keeper.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Originally posted by anilramavarma
    Anyone who can list out the top ten Indian prospects?
    No idea.And it made me think about it and I realised that how less followed was every other type of cricket in India, except international cricket. The domestic tourney(Ranji trophy, Duleep trophy etc.) and the junior cricket don't get as much attention as they should being the breeding ground of furture stars.

Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Here goes: West Indies:

Devon Smith
    Leon Garrick
    Ricardo Powell (of course)
    Dinanath Ramnarine
    Also some U-19 guy by the name of Pagon ??
    "And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

U19 Cricketer
    In Australia there is unlimited amount of talent coming through.

Michael Clarke is the most recognizable, but looking around at others there are:

Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)- the Tasmanian keeper who is an abosolute gun batsmen/keeper.

Shane Watson (Tasmania) - deadset this guy is a gun in the longer version of the game. Doesn't score quick, which is why he looks under pressure in the one dayers. Bowls with reasonable pace and gets wickets.

Shannon Tubb (Tasmania) - is a pretty good left arm leg spin bowler from Tasmania as well.

Scott Brant (Queensland) - brilliant quick bowler from up north. Has talent that is undeniable.

Marcus North (Western Australia) - IMO it was a premature selection from Australia "A" but it is a testemant to the batting talent that he has.

Paul Rofe (South Australia) - can't believe this guy missed out on Australia "A". He is a superb bowler. Has plenty of wickets, and can't be far of higher honours.

Matthew Inness (Victoria) - has a strange action, but has the numbers on the board, which you can't argue against for too much longer. His action is the only thing holding him back at the moment.

Cameron White (Victoria) - doesn't spin it much, but gets plenty of bounce. Uncomfortable to play and at his age has plenty to offer in the future. Good solid batsmen as well.

Other guys which haven't yet hit the first class scene are:

Mark Cosgrove (South Australia) - 18 years of age IMO the best talent in Australia. Awesome batsmen. Scored runs in the SA 2nd XI v SA games earlier this season. Scores plenty of runs in under age cricket. Has done at all levels up to first class, and IMO will make the transition without to many problems.

Aaron Bird (NSW) - bloody quick this guy. Plays first grade cricket for Bankstown opening the bowling. 18 years of age with a rookie NSW contract. Hit Michael Slater in the head last year in a first grade game. Will play Australia under 19 this season.

Cameron Nupier (NSW) - also a quick opening bowler who will play NSW u/19 this season and most probalby Aus u/19. Has been opening the bowling for Campeblltown in 1st Grade cricket for 2 seasons now.

Greg Hunt (NSW) - 2nd season of first grade cricket. absolute gun batsmen and should make Aus u/19 if form permits. Got plenty of runs in first grade.

Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp (Keeper), Michael Bright (batting all rounder), Brett Maher (batsmen), Will Somerville (off spin bowling allrounder)and Brad Roworth (quick bowling allrounder).

Definetaly a bright future for Australian cricket in my opinion.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by hourn
    In Australia there is unlimited amount of talent coming through.
    Since there is only a finite number of males under 25 in Australia, I dispute that fact!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Michael Clarke
    Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)
    Shane Watson (Tasmania)
    Shannon Tubb (Tasmania)
    Scott Brant (Queensland)
    Marcus North (Western Australia)
    Paul Rofe (South Australia)
    Matthew Inness (Victoria)
    Cameron White (Victoria)
    Mark Cosgrove (South Australia)
    Aaron Bird (NSW)
    Cameron Nupier (NSW)
    Greg Hunt (NSW)
    Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp, Michael Bright, Brett Maher, Will Somerville and Brad Roworth.
    In response to that list of names, if 3 of those become International regulars it'll be as many as I'd expect. Some of them probably won't make it at first class level!

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by marc71178

Michael Clarke
    Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)
    Shane Watson (Tasmania)
    Shannon Tubb (Tasmania)
    Scott Brant (Queensland)
    Marcus North (Western Australia)
    Paul Rofe (South Australia)
    Matthew Inness (Victoria)
    Cameron White (Victoria)
    Mark Cosgrove (South Australia)
    Aaron Bird (NSW)
    Cameron Nupier (NSW)
    Greg Hunt (NSW)
    Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp, Michael Bright, Brett Maher, Will Somerville and Brad Roworth.
    In response to that list of names, if 3 of those become International regulars it'll be as many as I'd expect. Some of them probably won't make it at first class level!
    Almost all of those blokes have played first class cricket except for the lats group of guys starting from Cosgrove. Cosgrove and Bird will play first class cricket for sure and sooner rather than later. Both are in their states respective 2nd XI. Whether or not they go on with it is another story.

As for 3 international players comment. Thats fair enough, but you can't deny that list of youngsters is pretty good. IMO there will be a good chunk of that list get a shot at international cricket - but like before, whether they go on with it is another story.

Clarke, Watson definetaly have big futures, while Clingeleffer looks to have the good.

Paul Rofe is my tip for the next big thing in cricket. He can bowl and i think he'll be the next G. McGrath.

Scott Brant is also an exceptional talent who is already notching up a good first class record.

Watson can score quickly in ODI cricket hes just a slow starter but when he gets going hes got some great shots.

When ever Watson has come in for Australia with only a few overs to go hes genraly smashed it like few others can.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    WI Prospects

1)Ravi Rampaul
    2)Runako Morton
    3)Tino Best
    2)Devon Smith
    3)Donavan Pagon
    6)Lendl Simmons
    7)Leon Garrick
    8)Dwayne Bravo
    9)Dave Mohammed
    10)Ricardo Powell
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Almost all of those blokes have played first class cricket except for the lats group of guys starting from Cosgrove. Cosgrove and Bird will play first class cricket for sure and sooner rather than later. Both are in their states respective 2nd XI. Whether or not they go on with it is another story.
    There's a difference between playing First Class Cricket, and making it in First Class Cricket, that was my point.

As for 3 international players comment. Thats fair enough, but you can't deny that list of youngsters is pretty good.
    I haven't heard of most of them, so can't comment - the list Chris started the thread with had players who've all played full seasons

Runako Morton has been banned from cricket for a year.
    Australia:
    Michael Clarke
    Paul Rofe
    Ashley Noffke
    Mick Miller
    Shaun Marsh
    Mitchell Johnson
    Sean Clingeleffer
    Shane Waston
    Marcus North
    Cameron White
    Nathan Hauritz
    Xavier Doherty
    Michael Clark (W.A) just to name afew...

England:
    Bell
    Key
    Dawson
    J. Anderson
    Toby Bailey
    Troughton
    Peng
    Strauss etc etc

India (here goes!)
    G. Ghambir
    A. Kale
    L. Balaji
    A. Kapor
    T. Kumaran
    more as i find out....

Hey Kumaran is not even in the state team now and Kapoor,Kale are well past 25. I think they are in the 30's now. I think u should include R Patel, I Pathan ( Baroda)

My List for India is

I Pathan
    R Patel
    Srivastava
    A Rayudu
    G Gambhir
    T Balaji
    J Madangopal
    R Barrington
    V Mane

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information