• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 prospects in each country

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by hourn
In Australia there is unlimited amount of talent coming through.
Since there is only a finite number of males under 25 in Australia, I dispute that fact!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Michael Clarke
Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)
Shane Watson (Tasmania)
Shannon Tubb (Tasmania)
Scott Brant (Queensland)
Marcus North (Western Australia)
Paul Rofe (South Australia)
Matthew Inness (Victoria)
Cameron White (Victoria)
Mark Cosgrove (South Australia)
Aaron Bird (NSW)
Cameron Nupier (NSW)
Greg Hunt (NSW)
Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp, Michael Bright, Brett Maher, Will Somerville and Brad Roworth.
Definetaly a bright future for Australian cricket in my opinion.
In response to that list of names, if 3 of those become International regulars it'll be as many as I'd expect. Some of them probably won't make it at first class level!

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178

Michael Clarke
Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)
Shane Watson (Tasmania)
Shannon Tubb (Tasmania)
Scott Brant (Queensland)
Marcus North (Western Australia)
Paul Rofe (South Australia)
Matthew Inness (Victoria)
Cameron White (Victoria)
Mark Cosgrove (South Australia)
Aaron Bird (NSW)
Cameron Nupier (NSW)
Greg Hunt (NSW)
Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp, Michael Bright, Brett Maher, Will Somerville and Brad Roworth.
Definetaly a bright future for Australian cricket in my opinion.
In response to that list of names, if 3 of those become International regulars it'll be as many as I'd expect. Some of them probably won't make it at first class level!
Almost all of those blokes have played first class cricket except for the lats group of guys starting from Cosgrove. Cosgrove and Bird will play first class cricket for sure and sooner rather than later. Both are in their states respective 2nd XI. Whether or not they go on with it is another story.

As for 3 international players comment. Thats fair enough, but you can't deny that list of youngsters is pretty good. IMO there will be a good chunk of that list get a shot at international cricket - but like before, whether they go on with it is another story.

Clarke, Watson definetaly have big futures, while Clingeleffer looks to have the good.

Paul Rofe is my tip for the next big thing in cricket. He can bowl and i think he'll be the next G. McGrath.

Scott Brant is also an exceptional talent who is already notching up a good first class record.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Watson can score quickly in ODI cricket hes just a slow starter but when he gets going hes got some great shots.

When ever Watson has come in for Australia with only a few overs to go hes genraly smashed it like few others can.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI Prospects

1)Ravi Rampaul
2)Runako Morton
3)Tino Best
2)Devon Smith
3)Donavan Pagon
6)Lendl Simmons
7)Leon Garrick
8)Dwayne Bravo
9)Dave Mohammed
10)Ricardo Powell

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Almost all of those blokes have played first class cricket except for the lats group of guys starting from Cosgrove. Cosgrove and Bird will play first class cricket for sure and sooner rather than later. Both are in their states respective 2nd XI. Whether or not they go on with it is another story.
There's a difference between playing First Class Cricket, and making it in First Class Cricket, that was my point.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As for 3 international players comment. Thats fair enough, but you can't deny that list of youngsters is pretty good.
I haven't heard of most of them, so can't comment - the list Chris started the thread with had players who've all played full seasons

Andre

International Regular
Runako Morton has been banned from cricket for a year.
Australia:
Michael Clarke
Paul Rofe
Ashley Noffke
Mick Miller
Shaun Marsh
Mitchell Johnson
Sean Clingeleffer
Shane Waston
Marcus North
Cameron White
Nathan Hauritz
Xavier Doherty
Michael Clark (W.A) just to name afew...

England:
Bell
Key
Dawson
J. Anderson
Toby Bailey
Troughton
Peng
Strauss etc etc

India (here goes!)
G. Ghambir
A. Kale
L. Balaji
A. Kapor
T. Kumaran
more as i find out....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hey Kumaran is not even in the state team now and Kapoor,Kale are well past 25. I think they are in the 30's now. I think u should include R Patel, I Pathan ( Baroda)

V Reddy

International Debutant
My List for India is

I Pathan
R Patel
Srivastava
A Rayudu
G Gambhir
T Balaji
J Madangopal
R Barrington
V Mane

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Salman Butt
Good solid left handed opener, should make it good in the coming years.

Khalid Lateef
Another batsman who is technically very sound. Middle order consolidation is his speciality.

Zulqarnain Haider
Salman Qadir
Bazid Khan

to name a few......I have left out a lot of people, but i really dontk now the current crop excpet these fellas.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by Andre
England:
Bell
Key
Dawson
J. Anderson
Toby Bailey
Troughton
Peng
Strauss etc etc
Key and Dawson have played test cricket though. I would like to nominate Chris Tremlett.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by chris.hinton
How about West Indies and South Africa
Already had some WI lists Chris, and there's no SA regular posters.

England...
Blackwell & Bulbeck ;)
Tim Bresnan

India
Rayudu was unstoppable for the U19s here, and it's a frightening thought having him and Sehwag opening.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe, there was Ian Englebracht but he moved to England, he looked very promising though. There are a lot of good young players with names impossible to spell or even consign to memory so I can't really name them. Its good to see Taibu doing well, he was superb in the U-19 World Cup. One thing though is that I don't think he deserves his place in the ODI side though as Andy Flower is a good enough wicketkeeper to play in ODIs as a Keeper-Batsman...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
A Rayudu . i don't know much about others. He has just made a record in 1 st cricket. Bacame the youngest to score 2 centuries in a match.( 210 & 159*) I still think he has an outside chance of making it to wc team.

Laxman hasnt been doing that great outside India except for in W.I i think he needs a rest and if Rayudu can bat that good he will be a good future for india i guess

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Indian prospects

A Rayudu
G Gambhir
B Rowland
DA Chougule
I Pathan
T Yohanan
R Patel
Yuvraj has not played tests yet and Kaif has played just few.I think Yuvraj should be given a chance in the tests.I think he will make most of it.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by Rik
Zimbabwe, there was Ian Englebracht but he moved to England, he looked very promising though. There are a lot of good young players with names impossible to spell or even consign to memory so I can't really name them. Its good to see Taibu doing well, he was superb in the U-19 World Cup. One thing though is that I don't think he deserves his place in the ODI side though as Andy Flower is a good enough wicketkeeper to play in ODIs as a Keeper-Batsman...
But Taibu has been making some good runs at no 7/8, so if he scores runs as well it's not doing any harm to let Flower concentrate on what he does best!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Originally posted by Rik
But Taibu has been making some good runs at no 7/8, so if he scores runs as well it's not doing any harm to let Flower concentrate on what he does best!
Yeah but Flower hasn't been scoring as many runs lately and I feel its better to leave a space for an extra batsman in the ODI side and get Flower to Keep. Surprised by Ervine's innings but I really really wish Zimbabwe wouldn't continue with Nkala...76 runs of 9 overs is just plain not good enough and the only good performance he has ever shown really was his test debut against England.

Kimbo

International Debutant
NZ:
ermm... yea
there is this batsman at the Academy at Lincoln who is 18 who looked really awesome in the nets. i reckon he will be a great player. i cant remember his name... Jesse ________? blank