• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 prospects in each country

chris.hinton

International Captain
I feel that we should include a feature where we have each county top 10 prospects (Under 25) and as they is loads of us we could keep an eye of the runs they Make and the Wickets they take

Players included are not Test players, so please sumbit the best 10 under 25 non test players has Prospects for the future

ENGLAND

Kabir Ali (Worcestershire)
Kadder Ali (Worcestershire)
Jim Troughton (Warwicks)
Ian Bell (Warwicks)
Owais Shah (Middlesex)
Rikki Clarke (Surrey)
Graham Swann (Northants)
Andrew Sturuss( Middlesex)
Mohammed Ali (Derby)
James Anderson (Lancs)

What are your 10, if it is not the same they we can decide which 10 to follow

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Originally posted by chris.hinton

ENGLAND

Kabir Ali (Worcestershire) - Only know of him from WCCC
Mohammed Ali (Derby) - Big name for him to live up to, eh?
WESTERN AUSTRALIA - Sorry don't know about other states, so I'll only mention a few.

Marcus North
um... well anybody else?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel that we should include a feature where we have each county top 10 prospects (Under 25) and as they is loads of us we could keep an eye of the runs they Make and the Wickets they take

Players included are not Test players, so please sumbit the best 10 under 25 non test players has Prospects for the future

ENGLAND

Kabir Ali (Worcestershire)
Kadder Ali (Worcestershire)
Jim Troughton (Warwicks)
Ian Bell (Warwicks)
Owais Shah (Middlesex)
Rikki Clarke (Surrey)
Graham Swann (Northants)
Andrew Sturuss( Middlesex)
Mohammed Ali (Derby)
James Anderson (Lancs)

What are your 10, if it is not the same they we can decide which 10 to follow
I thought Mohammed Ali was an EU player or is he now qualified to play for England? Where is Ed Joyce or Kevin Pieterson? Kadeer Ali still has to convince me he's worthy of being on that list though...

V Reddy

International Debutant
A Rayudu . i don't know much about others. He has just made a record in 1 st cricket. Bacame the youngest to score 2 centuries in a match.( 210 & 159*) I still think he has an outside chance of making it to wc team.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
kadder will beclass trust me
They said that about me a few years ago :lol: and season average...5 or sommit. :( straight into indoors and 32* :D:D:D:D hehehe

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by vishnureddy
A Rayudu . i don't know much about others. He has just made a record in 1 st cricket. Bacame the youngest to score 2 centuries in a match.( 210 & 159*) I still think he has an outside chance of making it to wc team.
Who else is there who can make it to a list of top ten prospects?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be honest, I think 10 is too many - going for the top 3 prospects would be a lot more revealing, as we won't see 10 prospects becoming Test regulars!

I would like to add Graham Wagg to the list though.

Rich2001

International Captain
James Treadwell, came on leaps and bounds last season at Kent... from nowhere he became our 1st choice spinner and hit a 100 as well opening for the 2nds.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australias list
1 Marcus North (batsman) WA
2 Sean Clingleffer (WK - batsman) TAS
3 Nathan Haurtiz (off spinner) QLD
4 James Hopes (All Rounder) QLD
5 Michael Clarke (batsman) NSW
6 Shane Watson (All Rounder) TAS
7 Stuart Clark (bowler) NSW

Thats all i got right now.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australias list
1 Marcus North (batsman) WA
2 Sean Clingleffer (WK - batsman) TAS
3 Nathan Haurtiz (off spinner) QLD
4 James Hopes (All Rounder) QLD
5 Michael Clarke (batsman) NSW
6 Shane Watson (All Rounder) TAS
7 Stuart Clark (bowler) NSW

Thats all i got right now.

i would say clarke (m) at one, he is potentially the next big thing in cricket

what about Cameron white

Eclipse

International Debutant
Brad Haddin In my oppinion is one of the cleanest hitters in world Cricket I think hes got a future in ODI cricket oppening the batting like Gilchrist.

Pitty his keeping isent a little better because that what is holding him back from becoming the next test keeper.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Anyone who can list out the top ten Indian prospects?
No idea.And it made me think about it and I realised that how less followed was every other type of cricket in India, except international cricket. The domestic tourney(Ranji trophy, Duleep trophy etc.) and the junior cricket don't get as much attention as they should being the breeding ground of furture stars.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Here goes: West Indies:

Devon Smith
Leon Garrick
Ricardo Powell (of course:D)
Dinanath Ramnarine
Also some U-19 guy by the name of Pagon ??

hourn

U19 Cricketer
In Australia there is unlimited amount of talent coming through.

Michael Clarke is the most recognizable, but looking around at others there are:

Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)- the Tasmanian keeper who is an abosolute gun batsmen/keeper.

Shane Watson (Tasmania) - deadset this guy is a gun in the longer version of the game. Doesn't score quick, which is why he looks under pressure in the one dayers. Bowls with reasonable pace and gets wickets.

Shannon Tubb (Tasmania) - is a pretty good left arm leg spin bowler from Tasmania as well.

Scott Brant (Queensland) - brilliant quick bowler from up north. Has talent that is undeniable.

Marcus North (Western Australia) - IMO it was a premature selection from Australia "A" but it is a testemant to the batting talent that he has.

Paul Rofe (South Australia) - can't believe this guy missed out on Australia "A". He is a superb bowler. Has plenty of wickets, and can't be far of higher honours.

Matthew Inness (Victoria) - has a strange action, but has the numbers on the board, which you can't argue against for too much longer. His action is the only thing holding him back at the moment.

Cameron White (Victoria) - doesn't spin it much, but gets plenty of bounce. Uncomfortable to play and at his age has plenty to offer in the future. Good solid batsmen as well.

Other guys which haven't yet hit the first class scene are:

Mark Cosgrove (South Australia) - 18 years of age IMO the best talent in Australia. Awesome batsmen. Scored runs in the SA 2nd XI v SA games earlier this season. Scores plenty of runs in under age cricket. Has done at all levels up to first class, and IMO will make the transition without to many problems.

Aaron Bird (NSW) - bloody quick this guy. Plays first grade cricket for Bankstown opening the bowling. 18 years of age with a rookie NSW contract. Hit Michael Slater in the head last year in a first grade game. Will play Australia under 19 this season.

Cameron Nupier (NSW) - also a quick opening bowler who will play NSW u/19 this season and most probalby Aus u/19. Has been opening the bowling for Campeblltown in 1st Grade cricket for 2 seasons now.

Greg Hunt (NSW) - 2nd season of first grade cricket. absolute gun batsmen and should make Aus u/19 if form permits. Got plenty of runs in first grade.

Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp (Keeper), Michael Bright (batting all rounder), Brett Maher (batsmen), Will Somerville (off spin bowling allrounder)and Brad Roworth (quick bowling allrounder).

Definetaly a bright future for Australian cricket in my opinion.