• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing namesakes

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another couple of recent entries:

Tommy Cooper played for the Dutch in the world cup, but rather disappointingly left his fez at home.

Meanwhile NRL fans might've noticed that David Gower is now splitting his world cup commentary duties with a stint in the injury-hit St George pack.

smash84

The Tiger King
Indian movie star Imran Khan

and former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan......tbh the cricketer Imran Khan looked more of a movie star than the movie star Imran Khan

btw I am not sure if this has been already mentioned in this thread.....sorry if it has been

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Swaranjit Singh was an all rounder who played for Southern Punjab and Warwickshire in the 1950's. He is better known as the man who bugged Gilchrist by pulling/hooking him in the 1958-59 tour of the West Indies to India. Gilchrist, inspite of being asked by his captain to refrain bowled beamers at the Punjab batsman and was sent home by captain Alexander which finally ended the career of one of the most terrifying fast bowlers the world has seen.

I share my name with the victim of Gilchrist's wrath :-(

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was looking on the net for something about David Gower the other day and found someone called Daria Glower by mistake ...........................................

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently there's a septic Olympian called Bob Willis. Obviously a water sports guy called Bob, is already hilarious, but I am also amused at how many times in blighty he would have been regaled by tales of Headingley '81, presumably to his bemusement.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Andruw Jones -- Yankees Baseball Player
Chris Lewis -- Tennis player from NZ 83 wimbledon finalist against johnny mac
Michael Clarke and Michael Clarke(Duncan) ---"Green Mile" actor

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If you combine my first name with my girlfriend's surname, you end up with the name of an underperforming NZ middle order batsman-turned-opener.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Thinking of the Alastair line...

Alastair Campbell = Mr. Blair's Director Of Communications for a time & one of Zimbabwe's best batsmen
I always used to think the song "Alice the camel had one hump" was "Alistair Campbell had one hump."

MrPrez

International Debutant
Share my surname with one of the better keeper-batsmen of recent times. My cousin shares first and surname with him (more or less).

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I hate the fact that there is some idiot Indian actor and an idiot Pakistani singer, who are both called Imran Khan. They always pop up on Google whenever you type the name.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An absolute dickwad turns up whenever I google my name and he happens to go by quite a number of other names as well. Teja or Cribb to confirm. :ph34r: