• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 25-31 December

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Congratulations to the following for reaching post milestones as such:

Mr Mxyzptlk - 25,000
Anil - 5000
TT Boy - 3000
AussieDominance - 2000
Jungle Jumbo - 2000
Matt79 - 2000
nightprowler10 - 2000
Turbinator - 1000

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones) (or Pasag when he's not around)
Marc (awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie Mac (normal service to be resumed next week)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact Archie on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

A bit light on awards this week, seeing as only 1 of the 3 bothered to send me any information - cheers guys (!)

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Nobody - sorry, but I don't have time to look back over the last weeks and nothing immediately springs to mind.

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is silentstriker for the combined round table threads, here and here

Skull Award (Funniest post of the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: An audio one for Neil Pickup telling his mum he was sat on the internet talking about Cricket.

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Prince EWS for this beauty - pity he wasn't right though :(

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: AussieDominance, answers as to what this means on a postcard please!

Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby - A lot of sense came from him this week, then he ruined it with the Symonds avatar...

Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Nobody - unfortunately nobody who is eligible for an award stood out this week, probably because the overall standard is higher than it used to be.

Agarkar/Mohammed Award ('At least they're trying')
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: The BLE group - got to admit there's persistence there, pity he's persisting in being such a pain.

Mike Hussey Award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
James - Not for anything he's posted, but rather for this

Gatting V Rana Award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: No names really, but all those involved with the audio clips were superb.

***NEW*** - Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: Krishna_j for a bit of an umpiring moan here

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Will never win an award after my 10 000+ post week. :D Good work winners, Brumbs was superb.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Wow Ive not won anything for ages :ph34r:

Seriously, though. Is there a place in each weekly post to include the names of people like myself that have asked not to be included or considered for any awards?

Obviously, I know I dont want to be considered but I dont know who else has withdrawn themselves and its something that I think is interesting and important to point out.

EDIT- Congrats to all winners

Last edited:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Looks like my CW Awards drought will continue for another week. Im fast approaching 1,00, though :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Prince EWS for this beauty - pity he wasn't right though
Haha - I had a feeling that might be the case. I also tried to submit a post containing "If Symonds scores a ton today, I'll eat cat food and post it on YouTube" but luckily for me, the server failed and it didn't submit.. twice. I took it as a sign the second time and didn't post it. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Seriously, though. Is there a place in each weekly post to include the names of people like myself that have asked not to be included or considered for any awards?

Obviously, I know I dont want to be considered but I dont know who else has withdrawn themselves and its something that I think is interesting and important to point out.
I'm not so sure that'd be that good an idea to be honest.

If people withdraw, they shouldn't have there name then broadcast IMO.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not so sure that'd be that good an idea to be honest.

If people withdraw, they shouldn't have there name then broadcast IMO.
Why? Im interested to know who has asked not to be considered for awards. It may make more sense of some of the awards that are given :)

adharcric

International Coach
More Awards

Well, I did e-mail my weekly awards to you Marc so I'm not sure what happened.

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Slow Love for this - a quality response, as usual, that addressed both racism and umpiring with deft touch.

Gatting V Rana Award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: SS, Pratyush, Goughy and Kweek for the debate on the SA quota system in CW Round Table #2 - hopefully this is just a sign of great things to come.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

archie mac

International Coach
Wow Ive not won anything for ages :ph34r:

EDIT- Congrats to all winners
I agree with Marc, that we should not publish the names of those who do not want to be considered for awards, just to let you know, there is only one other person who does not want to be considered.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Gatting V Rana Award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: SS, Pratyush, Goughy and Kweek for the debate on the SA quota system in CW Round Table #2 - hopefully this is just a sign of great things to come.

Shows why you shouldn't be allowed to post awards directly. Even I don't know everyone who's requested not to be included.

adharcric

International Coach
Shows why you shouldn't be allowed to post awards directly. Even I don't know everyone who's requested not to be included.
How are we supposed to know who doesn't want to be included? Also, how is it any different if we post the awards directly? :unsure: