• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woah dude.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tomm NCCC said:
Has there been a bigger margain in Test match cricket?

Well its hard to compare since you usually win by an innings and x number of runs. Its hard to say what that 'innings' could have resulted in.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Greatest margins of victory by an innings

Code:
Rank 	Margin 	 	 	Teams 	 	 	 	Venue 	 	Season
1 	Innings and 851 runs 	Railways beat Dera Ismail Khan 	Lahore  	1964-65
2 	Innings and 666 runs 	Victoria beat Tasmania  	Melbourne 	1922-23
3 	Innings and 656 runs 	Victoria beat New South Wales 	Melbourne 	1926-27
4 	Innings and 605 runs 	New South Wales beat S Aust     Sydney  	1900-01
5 	Innings and 579 runs 	England beat Australia  	The Oval 	1938
6 	Innings and 575 runs 	Sind beat Baluchistan    	Karachi 	1973-74
Thank you Wiki.

And the other team must have stank. Properly stank.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
Greatest margins of victory by an innings

Code:
Rank 	Margin 	 	 	Teams 	 	 	 	Venue 	 	Season
1 	Innings and 851 runs 	Railways beat Dera Ismail Khan 	Lahore  	1964-65
2 	Innings and 666 runs 	Victoria beat Tasmania  	Melbourne 	1922-23
3 	Innings and 656 runs 	Victoria beat New South Wales 	Melbourne 	1926-27
4 	Innings and 605 runs 	New South Wales beat S Aust     Sydney  	1900-01
5 	Innings and 579 runs 	England beat Australia  	The Oval 	1938
6 	Innings and 575 runs 	Sind beat Baluchistan    	Karachi 	1973-74
Thank you Wiki.

And the other team must have stank. Properly stank.

Wow, there is actually a real test match in there! And its pre-war too...thats odd. And surprisingly, none in the last 30 years.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
At least in the Tendulkar/Kambli stand the opposition attack was of a decent quality and it took longer for them to make the runs. Batting for 40 overs is no massive achievement, however many runs they score. Plus at least the St Xaviers side made 150-odd, this Hyderabad lot made only 21.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't see why this is news.. We don't have a clue what the pitch/outfield was like, it's a bunch of kids playing a school game and it could be on a dust strip the size of a swimming pool, and as Neil knows, the U13 guys may have struggled to bowl a ball on the cut strip.. Some idiot on cricinfo was trying to compare it to Jayawardena and Sangakkara's performance against South Africa, I think the only similarity was they were probably both wearing white.. I know guys who've bowled teams out for 1, and that means sod all to anyone when you are playing at school I'm afraid..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a pretty good acheivement Langeveldt, but the people who were comparing it to Sangakkarra and Jayawardene were silly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
I don't see why this is news.. We don't have a clue what the pitch/outfield was like, it's a bunch of kids playing a school game and it could be on a dust strip the size of a swimming pool,
Well they did bowl the other side out for 21.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matt79 said:
bet the opposing captain is wishing he'd elected to have a bat instead!
They got bowled out for like 26. They're just an utterly dire team.

adharcric

International Coach
I think the opposition bowled 100 extras or so in 40 overs.
That just shows how pathetic that team is and why this doesn't mean much at all. Good for the boys though, they can be proud of themselves I guess.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
TYPICAL - Batsmen get all the glory.

Wouldn't mind reading the bowling figures in that game - From BOTH sides!

Some poor bastarrd probably took 8 for 2 and he doesn't even rate a mention!