• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest entertainer in history?

Legglancer

State Regular
All Sports :- Ali ---- Who skips like a butterfly and stings like a bee

Cricket :- Sobers , Bradman, Richards, Lillie

godofcricket

State 12th Man
silentstriker said:
I'm not into watching Dhoni/Afridi. The sixes are nice, but its boring because you know they will never play a match saving innings in the second innings. Its kind of hit-hit-out. I don't know, it just gets old. If I want that, I'll watch 20/20.
Well thats why i said just for pure entertainment value i would pick afridi, if i want to watch a test match sort of innings, than a dravid, sachin or inzamam should be fine, afridi/dhoni types arent that sort of players anyway.......they bring life into a really boring match which is exactly what the crowd wants to see.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
I'm not into watching Dhoni/Afridi. The sixes are nice, but its boring because you know they will never play a match saving innings in the second innings. Its kind of hit-hit-out. I don't know, it just gets old. If I want that, I'll watch 20/20.
Afridi my ****. He's a ***t.

The comments are great:

yo lets get facts straight who won 92 world cup PAKIstan and who did they cleanly beat ENGLAND

u british ****heads talking about tampering .... do any of u ****faces remmember your "Great" Ian Botham in the 90's getting caught tampering the ball with some weird substance they found in his pocket !!! ****ing losers ...thats why u got whooped in the 92' world cup !!!!

Oh Yeah btw Pieterson is a FAG !!!

:laugh:

Nut jobs.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pedro Delgado said:
Afridi my ****. He's a ***t.

The comments are great:

yo lets get facts straight who won 92 world cup PAKIstan and who did they cleanly beat ENGLAND

u british ****heads talking about tampering .... do any of u ****faces remmember your "Great" Ian Botham in the 90's getting caught tampering the ball with some weird substance they found in his pocket !!! ****ing losers ...thats why u got whooped in the 92' world cup !!!!

Oh Yeah btw Pieterson is a FAG !!!

:laugh:

Nut jobs.
haha yeah, gotta love ****ing youtube.. I guess we can be thankful for our sometimes over cautious mods for stopping CW descending into that kind of frag fest..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would say Lara to watch bat, Warne to watch bowl, Rhodes to watch field.

How do butterflies skip?

archie mac

International Coach
WG would have to be close I remember reading about a game where they were unsure if he would play or not, and at the entrance the sign read:

Entrance = Sixpence

If WG plays = Shilling

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
archie mac said:
WG would have to be close I remember reading about a game where they were unsure if he would play or not, and at the entrance the sign read:

Entrance = Sixpence

If WG plays = Shilling
The original superstar and the most influential player of all time.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
As a cricket and football fan some of the best entertainers in these sports for me would be:

CRICKET:

Richards
Warne
Lee
Lara
Tendulkar

FOOTBALL:

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Beckham
Henry

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In recent times, I'd give it to Viv. But Afridi could probably go pretty close, as could Gilchrist in ODI's.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Contemporaries? Flintoff, Pietersen, Panesar, Warne, Gilchrist, Akhtar, Tendulkar, Lara, Sehwag, Muralitharan