• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Blaze 18

Banned
Wishful thinking :). What they will do instead is, take those video links and proclaim all over the internet that Sachin is the greatest since God created this Universe, and that Lara, Viv, Punter aren't worth Sachin's pee (just look at the highest rated comments on Lara's 153* youtube video as an example).

But did you honestly expect them to request Lara's 132 or Punter's 197 or Viv's blistering 146 on the same Test ground (Perth)? They would have little to no idea about these knocks, and even if they did, it would be strictly scorecard/stat based (viewed only in hindsight from the perspective of comparison with Sachin).

Hard to blame them. The only Sports news that the visual and print media envelopes the public with is, what certain cricketer or personality said about Sachin (that is, after the same media puts a ton of pressure on the said cricketer or personality to proclaim Sachin as the greatest).

And the thing that makes bigger news than that is when someone (especially non-Indian) does NOT proclaim Sachin as the greatest. It was interesting, when Wisden released the list of greatest Test knocks, far, far more articles were published in India's leading Newspapers and magazines on the injustice of Sachin's exclusion rather than on the fact that Laxman's 281 made it to the top-10. Every conspiracy theory under the sun imaginable (racism, bias, jealousy, victimization) was put forth. Read the "controversy" section in this page.

Absolutely no rejoicing of Laxman's knock being rated so highly. No media statements from Laxman published all over. It was almost as if Laxman just wasn't Indian enough.

Do post those great knocks of Sachin when you get the chance. As an added incentive, your youtube channel might be mentioned in a popular Indian newspaper/website soon (am not exaggerating!).
Virtually every thing in this universe is a by-product of something else. For every deluded Sachin Tendulkar fan, there is an Altaican. As if more proof was needed that Newton's third law is perfect :)

I would agree that the Indian media, like A FEW Indian fans, tend to go overboard with their praise for Sachin Tendulkar at times, but they are also among the most unforgiving when he is not doing well. You have to be here to truly appreciate the immense pressure he is under. In fact, the same holds true for a lot of other Indian players albeit to a lesser extent.

Yes, there were a few raised eyebrows when none of Sachin Tendulkar's knocks made the top hundred Wisden list, but equally, there weren't too many "hail Tendulkar" articles or programmes by the Indian media when he, if memory serves me right, was voted the second best batsman after Sir Donald Bradman by the same Wisden in 2002-2003.

The insinuation that visiting players praise Sachin Tendulkar only when pushed by the Indian media is laughable. I will happily concede that I have seen it happen a couple of times, but to suggest that is always the case is just wrong.

For the record, I have always rated Brian Lara at his best as a slightly better test batsman than Sachin Tendulkar, but posts such as this one are just as bad, if not worse, than the comments on youtube that you seem to have a problem with. Surely it is not a crime to make requests for knocks of your favourite player!

Just my two cents :)

Last edited:

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
Ahh so you're "Leemann" off youtube. Been thoroughly enjoying your uploads mate, can't thank you enough. Particularly enjoyed the Ponting double vs Pakistan, and the quality was exceptional!
Thanks. That used an encoded 400p source, with a bit of luck, and if my computer can handle it, i'm hoping to do highlights of the Ashes this summer using raw 1080i source. Should be epic quality.

Someone asked for this Damien Martyn knock in the 2003 world cup final. Pretty short, he only scored 8 boundaries.

Damien Martyn 88* v India, 2003 World Cup Final

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Thanks. That used an encoded 400p source, with a bit of luck, and if my computer can handle it, i'm hoping to do highlights of the Ashes this summer using raw 1080i source. Should be epic quality.

Someone asked for this Damien Martyn knock in the 2003 world cup final. Pretty short, he only scored 8 boundaries.

Damien Martyn 88* v India, 2003 World Cup Final
Cant watch the video, says its private???

Whats happened to the cougar cricket site? I was on there for ages, now its just full of spam posts.

Last edited:

robelinda

Here's one of my all time favourite innings, Kim Hughes 213 vs India, Adelaide 1980/81. One of the greatest underachievers in cricket, Kim would be in my top 5 batsmen who i'd want to watch in full flight, he was glorious, absolutely glorious. Even more stylish than Greg Chappell for me. Ponting has said he wanted to be Kim Hughes when he was younger, but he never copied that spanking cover drive on one knee!

YouTube - Kim Hughes 213 vs India 1980/81

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
Cant watch the video, says its private???

Whats happened to the cougar cricket site? I was on there for ages, now its just full of spam posts.
Thanks for letting me know, should be public now. Not sure about cougar cricket, i never posted there.

Seriously, I would love to see your room full of VHS tapes. I'd by a kid in a candy store :laugh:

robelinda

Oh, someone said you posted under the name wang, which is all over the cougar site, never mind!

I'm almost done McGrath's 8/38, I started last night editing it down from ball by ball footage, but you got in before me! I'll post it anyway as its different commentators, Aussie footage rather than BBC.

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
Oh, someone said you posted under the name wang, which is all over the cougar site, never mind!

I'm almost done McGrath's 8/38, I started last night editing it down from ball by ball footage, but you got in before me! I'll post it anyway as its different commentators, Aussie footage rather than BBC.
LOL i was wondering if he was referring to me but since he's advertising credit checks in his sig I figured he was just a rambling spambot.

Sorry about that, of the 100 requests people have sent in your direction I pick the one your working on lol.

By the way i added a link to your McGrath/Gillespie partnership on my old 'McGrath gets a 50' video. Unfortunately I can't just forward people on to your video but hopefully people will see the link.