Page 244 of 372 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5567
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cricket on YouTube

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    only half way done. too many catches to realistically put in. even at half way its almost 2 hours long.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I don't doubt that Ganguly had a moan but I'm not aware of BCCI ever complaining about pitches in other countries since they often prepare tracks themselves that help the home team (and I find nothing wrong with that). Happy to be proven wrong here though.
    Actually you are right, and you've caught me in rant mode.

I do think though that NZC was, for lack of a better phrase, sucking up in that series. There was a lot of talk in the media before the series about the 2002 pitches, and from the Indian side I remember a few opinion quotes effectively saying New Zealand should get in big trouble if they dare wheel out the green tops again.

In the wake of Sydneygate and Bondgate, there was a lot of talk in New Zealand about what the BCCI might do if we were cheeky and presented them with green pitches again, and there was also a lot of anger about Bondgate directed at NZC. Tactically, green pitches were the best move available since we only had three test standard batsmen at the time and New Zealand collapses happen on any pitch. We needed to even the batting up somehow, and that was our best option.

If we had wheeled out the green pitches and India lost, it would have been very interesting to see whether India flounced. They lacked Ganguly, which was a good start. NZC obviously didn't want to take the risk and wheeled out the three flattest pitches I have seen prepared in this country. Napier is always flat, but Hamilton was ridiculous and I can't remember the last time I saw such a batsman friendly pitch at the Basin Reserve.

I think NZC were scared of the possibility of the BCCI flouncing. We don't have the muscle of a larger cricket board and series with New Zealand aren't attractive options.

I can't prove NZC are wusses of course, but any logical cricket board would have sent orders to groundsmen to prepare more green tops after what happened in 2002. NZC were either scared or stupid.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 05-11-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    only half way done. too many catches to realistically put in. even at half way its almost 2 hours long.
    wow.....sounds awesome....can you upload the halfway labeling at as part 1?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Actually you are right, and you've caught me in rant mode.

I do think though that NZC was, for lack of a better phrase, sucking up in that series. There was a lot of talk in the media before the series about the 2002 pitches, and from the Indian side I remember a few opinion quotes effectively saying New Zealand should get in big trouble if they dare wheel out the green tops again.

In the wake of Sydneygate and Bondgate, there was a lot of talk in New Zealand about what the BCCI might do if we were cheeky and presented them with green pitches again, and there was also a lot of anger about Bondgate directed at NZC. Tactically, green pitches were the best move available since we only had three test standard batsmen at the time and New Zealand collapses happen on any pitch. We needed to even the batting up somehow, and that was our best option.

If we had wheeled out the green pitches and India lost, it would have been very interesting to see whether India flounced. They lacked Ganguly, which was a good start. NZC obviously didn't want to take the risk and wheeled out the three flattest pitches I have seen prepared in this country. Napier is always flat, but Hamilton was ridiculous and I can't remember the last time I saw such a batsman friendly pitch at the Basin Reserve.

I think NZC were scared of the possibility of the BCCI flouncing. We don't have the muscle of a larger cricket board and series with New Zealand aren't attractive options.

I can't prove NZC are wusses of course, but any logical cricket board would have sent orders to groundsmen to prepare more green tops after what happened in 2002. NZC were either scared or stupid.
    The flaw in that logic is the assumption that BCCI would be motivated (or demotivated) to play against someone based on a cricketing reason. At higher level, BCCI is full of career politicians. Their decision to tour or not to tour would be based solely on money. They can go and lose to England 0-5 and they'd keep going every year and they'd be happy to do so because its a higher $$ for them.

If NZC in fact did it because they thought BCCI might make a decision based solely on a cricketing reason, they need to re-evaluate their whole psychological profile of the BCCI.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Those two videos are amazing!!!!

Amazing bowling, and some absolutely stunning catching from the slip cordon, and the keeper especially. Dujon WAG :

Hey Rob, i cant find any Vintcent Van Der Bijl videos. He played during the sporting isolation of SA.
    Do you have anything of him??

He took 767 FC wickets from 156 matches at 16.55.
    Shared the new ball with Wayne Daniel in 1980 for Middlesex
    Last edited by karan316; 06-11-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Love how you get to see lots of players who played alongside X in these vids. First time I've ever seen Shane Thomson bat. Looks great on the front foot attack, but his defence leaves something to be desired.

Dailymotion - Dale Steyn vs Micheal Clarke - a Sports & Extreme video

Dale Steyn vs Micheal Clarke.

CW'ers love Steyn isnt it?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    oh yeah

Quite funny. Never seen this before. Shane Warne - VERY FUNNY OVER! - YouTube

Haha that off break actually turned a fair bit
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Is there footage of Brett Schultz out there?

Nevermind, just found it on Rob's channel.
    Last edited by Daemon; 17-11-2011 at 02:01 AM.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Indeed.

Thread Information