• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

smash84

The Tiger King
Will do the Imran stuff too, that will take a little time to upload, but it will probably be 30 or 40 vids starting from county cricket in England in the 70's. Some old gold there.
I will try to be patient Rob :p........but thanks once again...........you have done an awesome job of bringing back some all time classic performances

James

Cricket Web Owner
If anyone is willing to email me some cricket related videos that haven't already been posted on YouTube that I can post under the CricketWeb YouTube Channel with a few seconds at the front of a splash screen of Cricket Web, that would be great.

bagapath

International Captain
any vids where Imran uses his outswingers? If yes, would appreciate if u can post em.
that would be a very rare video indeed. i dare not call imran one dimensional. but he never had a great outswinger. he relied solely on leg cutters to get the outside edge of right handers. (he learnt it from lillee and passed it on to marsall.) but those wicked inswingers were more than enough to get anybody anyways.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
that would be a very rare video indeed. i dare not call imran one dimensional. but he never had a great outswinger. he relied solely on leg cutters to get the outside edge of right handers. (he learnt it from lillee and passed it on to marsall.) but those wicked inswingers were more than enough to get anybody anyways.
yeah I was about to write the same thing that he had some difficulty in getting the out swinger going so he learned the leg cutter from Lillee but didn't recall it properly. I didn't know he passed it on to Marshall though. And he does have one of the best in swingers of all time.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If anyone is willing to email me some cricket related videos that haven't already been posted on YouTube that I can post under the CricketWeb YouTube Channel with a few seconds at the front of a splash screen of Cricket Web, that would be great.
A CW youtube channel would be a great idea.

bagapath

International Captain
yeah I was about to write the same thing that he had some difficulty in getting the out swinger going so he learned the leg cutter from Lillee but didn't recall it properly. I didn't know he passed it on to Marshall though. And he does have one of the best in swingers of all time.
Oops... I was wrong... according to mark nichols it is lillee who taught marshall how to bowl the leg cutter who in turn passed it on to imran.

Malcolm Marshall Address (Memorial Service 21st March 2000) | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

i remember imran writing about earning the respect of viv richards only after he developed an away going delivery. otherwise viv used to constantly drive him on the on side on his front foot knowing the ball was always going to shape into him.

smash84

The Tiger King
Oops... I was wrong... according to mark nichols it is lillee who taught marshall how to bowl the leg cutter who in turn passed it on to imran.

Malcolm Marshall Address (Memorial Service 21st March 2000) | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

i remember imran writing about earning the respect of viv richards only after he developed an away going delivery. otherwise viv used to constantly drive him on the on side on his front foot knowing the ball was always going to shape into him.
A wonderful program hosted by BCCI I think wrt the 2011 WC...This is Imran's part.....looks the fittest of all the past wc captains.........makes clear his admiration for Viv Richards in this program while VIv, Ranatunga, and Kapil listen to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL8BMNRltmI