• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you faced Shane Warne what would you do?

ash chaulk

International Captain
Don said:
on my way to the crease i wud fart near his face and step on his toe. with all the distractions he wud bowl me a pie and i wud still be bowled
classic i can actually see that happenin

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
Finally, an honest man.

Just a note to all the idiots in this thread: If it was possible to just block and see him off, then he wouldn't have 650 international wickets. Test quality batsman tend to be slightly better than you when it comes to blocking.
We can dream.............*looks up to sky dreamily*................

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
I'd probably soil myself and get a 1 foot wide bat out....

No. If he bowled around the wicket I'd kick him away (I'm an expert at that). But on the logical premise that he'd stay over. I'd get forward and try and drive him down the ground and through mid wicket.

Optimistic I know.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I reckon I could time a few sweep shots. The trouble is, he'd have more chance of getting me out by bowling at 70mph, even poorly.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I'd get the trusty reverse sweep out, hopefully he'd be laughing so much at how stupid I looked he couldn't bowl properly.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Three steps down the track, huge hoik and then probably get stumped.
a mark ramprakash then?

the best way to play Warne is to use your bat and play straight. I'm not a firm believer of the Duncan Fletcher policy of sweeping everything that you get from him because quite frankly its stupid.

adharcric

International Coach
play the only shot in my textbook against legspin: the lofted slog square cut ... and miss by a mile

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jono said:
Reverse sweep :cool: :p

You know what...that's what I'd do. Its not like I have the ability to block his deliveries anyway, so if I'm going to go out...might as well go out in style. And there is always a .01% chance that my blind reverse sweep will connect, and I'll have something to remember for the rest of my life.