Thread: A World Cup of Test match cricket.

A World Cup of Test match cricket.

As I start this thread, and even when I was writing my article titled " ", I knew that if somehow my proposed schedule gets implemented, every cricket lover will enjoy it.....But not many will believe that it's possible at the start.

I still took the chance and wrote it. And now I am taking another chance by introducing it to you, so that I can know how correct or wrong I was.

Tell me what you feel..
    My cricket blog - "It's only cricket"

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binit
    As I start this thread, and even when I was writing my article titled " ", I knew that if somehow my proposed schedule gets implemented, every cricket lover will enjoy it.....But not many will believe that it's possible at the start.

I still took the chance and wrote it. And now I am taking another chance by introducing it to you, so that I can know how correct or wrong I was.

Tell me what you feel..
    You have put a lot of effort into that, and have done a good job. But I would hate to see a WC of Test cricket. WCs ruin sports Test Matches. Look at Rugby, a Test Match was a great thing but now you hear things like 'we were just trying a few players in different posi. to prepare for the WC'. Look at Soccer they call most games between countries 'Freindlys'.

No Test Cricket WC please
    You know it makes sense.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    You have put a lot of effort into that, and have done a good job. But I would hate to see a WC of Test cricket. WCs ruin sports Test Matches. Look at Rugby, a Test Match was a great thing but now you hear things like 'we were just trying a few players in different posi. to prepare for the WC'. Look at Soccer they call most games between countries 'Freindlys'.

No Test Cricket WC please

I for one would be in favor of a WC cricket. Its nice, at the end of every four years, you clearly have a winner, and you have a loser. None of this muddled ranking business.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    So how exactly would you schedule it then SS?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    I haven't read the article (I have the forum on my 'favourites' so perhaps you could tell me where to find it) but you are presumably talking about something which would take a lot longer than the one-day World Cup. And that takes, what, six weeks?

Not that I'm a huge supporter of the ICC ratings either. It seems they were only brought in so Australia could call themselves world champions without anyone arguing.

Thread Information