• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A World Cup of Test match cricket.

Binit

Cricket Spectator
As I start this thread, and even when I was writing my article titled ":balloon: :balloon: ", I knew that if somehow my proposed schedule gets implemented, every cricket lover will enjoy it.....But not many will believe that it's possible at the start.

I still took the chance and wrote it. And now I am taking another chance by introducing it to you, so that I can know how correct or wrong I was.

Tell me what you feel.. :balloon:

archie mac

International Coach
Binit said:
As I start this thread, and even when I was writing my article titled ":balloon: :balloon: ", I knew that if somehow my proposed schedule gets implemented, every cricket lover will enjoy it.....But not many will believe that it's possible at the start.

I still took the chance and wrote it. And now I am taking another chance by introducing it to you, so that I can know how correct or wrong I was.

Tell me what you feel.. :balloon:
You have put a lot of effort into that, and have done a good job. But I would hate to see a WC of Test cricket. WCs ruin sports Test Matches. Look at Rugby, a Test Match was a great thing but now you hear things like 'we were just trying a few players in different posi. to prepare for the WC'. Look at Soccer they call most games between countries 'Freindlys'.

No Test Cricket WC please :@

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
archie mac said:
You have put a lot of effort into that, and have done a good job. But I would hate to see a WC of Test cricket. WCs ruin sports Test Matches. Look at Rugby, a Test Match was a great thing but now you hear things like 'we were just trying a few players in different posi. to prepare for the WC'. Look at Soccer they call most games between countries 'Freindlys'.

No Test Cricket WC please :@

I for one would be in favor of a WC cricket. Its nice, at the end of every four years, you clearly have a winner, and you have a loser. None of this muddled ranking business.

stumpski

International Captain
I haven't read the article (I have the forum on my 'favourites' so perhaps you could tell me where to find it) but you are presumably talking about something which would take a lot longer than the one-day World Cup. And that takes, what, six weeks?

Not that I'm a huge supporter of the ICC ratings either. It seems they were only brought in so Australia could call themselves world champions without anyone arguing.