• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
So what if he did?
Let's be fair here, he is damn articulate.

I don't enjoy listening to any other cricket player talk then him. His words are like chocolate :cool:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So bombs are the same as some threats (which haven't happened) then are they?
You never know. They could be worse....what if Inzy was suspected of being a terrorist???

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
What a joke of a tour, really.
well...the players toured the emerald isles, took in the sights, soaked in the comforts of five star hotels, did some shopping no doubt, had some fun...so of course it was a tour...:)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Anil said:
well...the players toured the emerald isles, took in the sights, soaked in the comforts of five star hotels, did some shopping no doubt, had some fun...so of course it was a tour...:)
Ruddy unsafe, wasn't it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
You weren't there. How can you know how it may have affected them?
So you really think that bombs are less of an unsettling factor than these so-called threats which haven't even been reported over here?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Let's be fair here, he is damn articulate.
I didn't mean it as anything against him, because from what I know of him, he is a very intelligent and level-headed person (as well as being IMO the best keeper-batsman around currently assuming he keeps)

My issue was more with the selected highlights from his comments that were being used.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol yeah I know I was just kidding around, suggesting anything Sanga says should be taken as truth because he says it so well :p

Frankly, I think the best thing for cricket right now is to put this tour, and the Eng vs. Pak 4th test behind them as much as possible, and look forward to the Champions Trophy and eventually the Ashes. Because right now we have cricket matches ending left, right and centre without any results, whether it be because of terrorism, the weather or accusations of cheating. Not exactly cricket's finest hour.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jono said:
Frankly, I think the best thing for cricket right now is to put this tour, and the Eng vs. Pak 4th test behind them as much as possible, and look forward to the Champions Trophy
While I appreciate your upbeat thoughts, I'd rather stab my eye out with a rusty fork.. This up and coming ashes better be good for cricket's sake

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
Just over 2 and a half actually Jono - time flies when you're having fun!

I paid $300 US, just so I can stay up and watch the Ashes. I cannot wait for this! What sucks is that I will again be rooting for the side that loses (I rooted for Aus last time, but now I will root for England).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why'd you support Aus last time, and why England this time?

I figured, for the good of the game, almost all neutrals would have been behind England in that series.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jono said:

Dunno, I always liked a lot of the Australian players and followed a lot of them closely. I rooted for them in every series (unless it was India-Aus, then I rooted for India). Never did that with any English players. But over the past year, certain incidents with the Australians have led me to change my alligiences so to speak, and now I can't really root for them. Even though Gilchrist and McGrath are definatly two of my favorite players.

Jono said:
I figured, for the good of the game, almost all neutrals would have been behind England in that series.
I have to pick a side. I can't watch any sporting contest without picking a side.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:

I've always supported champions who are portrayed as grumpy...Lendl, Sampras, Australia...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So you really think that bombs are less of an unsettling factor than these so-called threats which haven't even been reported over here?
I didn't say what I think. I'm just saying you weren't there and you don't know how they felt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, I wasn't there.

But I am in England, and know that there have been no "threats" to Pakistan - so wonder how them staying on the tour is such a worthy thing?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
No, I wasn't there.

But I am in England, and know that there have been no "threats" to Pakistan - so wonder how them staying on the tour is such a worthy thing?
Missed the point. I'm not saying whether it is a worthy thing or not. You've said before that we cannot judge South Africa for choosing to pull out. So I'm saying, if the Pakistanis thought that the recent terrorist 'threat' in the UK was serious, they would be within their rights to pull out of the tour and you would not be allowed to criticise them, according to your precedent.