• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Run like Inzy said:
These couple of games are likely to be the most closely fought over the weekend. I wanna see Bangladesh come out and show their progress by demolishing what is a almost club like Zimbabwe side
I hope that statement means that if Zim improve they will reach club standard as they certainly are not at top level club level at the moment.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bangladesh as expected dominating the match.. Shariar Nafees had a decent knock, but Rafique's 39 of 29 balls was the highlight of the batting.. And now the Zimbabwae in all sorts of trouble at 50-4 (16 Overs) with openers Mushrafe Mortaza and Shahadat Hossain are putting up a show here both picking up 2 wickets each..

Chubb

International Regular
:D
Great knocks from Stu and Elton. They really did fantastically well. Let's hope they can go on and take the series.

Duffin should never have been made ODI captain, tbh, because he scores so slowly. Prosper is one of the most experienced players, a good bowler and a useful batsman so he's an ideal man for the job. It is a shame Chappie quit, but it's understandable.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dissapointed with Bang. They need to win all the rest of the ODI's, and that too convingly, to show that they are improving as a side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Very nice Zim. I really thought they were going to choke when Matsikenyeri got out - seemed as if he was too worried about scoring a century for a few overs and then he went for the tonk.

This is probably the best side Zimbabwe have fielded in recent times (and by that, I mean compared to the sides that played the Windies and Kenya). Good to see Prosper made captain, too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dissapointing by Bangladesh, but well played by Zimbabwe. Mupawira was outstanding.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Utseya's use of Mahwire in this match has been perplexing to say the least.

I was a bit worried that he'd leave him with all of his last 4 overs to bowl in the last 7, as Mahwire is hopeless at the death. But not only did he bowl him at the death, but he's actually left him 2 overs shy of his full quota despite clearly being their best bowler in the match...

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
What are these technical problems?

Just a Cricinfo thing, or something at the match?
It's the same at cricbuzz. (though they didn't even start the second innings.) I fear Mugabe has struck the TV cameras.

Langeveldt

Soutie
SirBloody Idiot said:
Violence maybe?
if that was serious, then no.. Ironically Zim is one of the safest countries in the world to tour which makes a whole mockery out of "security concerns" regarding a tour to Zim

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
People on bangla-cricket.com (without the dash - the site is banned because we've got trouble with them advertising streams before, presumably) are saying it's because the Indian sports channels are currently broadcasting Formula 1, and since Cricinfo aren't allowed in Zimbabwe (and wouldn't comment from the ground anyway), they've got no alternative.

Sounds plausible enough to me.

According to the same source, Zimbabwe are 91 for five in the 25th over, and Sibanda was on 31* in the 16th over according to Cricinfo. So it's his turn to make the grade now... ;)

Edit: Cricinfo now says 107/5 in the 23rd over, with Sibanda caught behind for a 61-ball 33. Up to Matsikenyeri (22*) and Chigumbura (10*) again, it seems.

Last edited:

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Not this time, I guess. Zimbabwe 150/7 39 over, both Matsikenyeri and Chigumbura out.

Edit: now its 150/9 in 39.2 overs

Samuel_Vimes said:
Cricinfo now says 107/5 in the 23rd over, with Sibanda caught behind for a 61-ball 33. Up to Matsikenyeri (22*) and Chigumbura (10*) again, it seems.

Last edited:

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Zimbabwe dominating in the second ODI as well, refreshing stuff
Zim bowled out for 175,
Bangladesh win by 63 runs

Zimbabwe's luck has ran out ,the balance of nature restored :)

Last edited:

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Farhad Reza impressive as well as Shahadat, I think Bangladesh will get better and better as the series moves on