Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In which year will England win the cricket World Cup

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TIF
    This has got to be the funniest thread ever started in Cricketweb

England, have been famous as World cup chokers and I dont see them winning a cricket World cup. Out of all the teams, ngland, have been the only team to make it into 3 World cup finals but have failed to win it even once. All teams except England who have made it into a World cup final, have happened to win it atleast once.
    Why?
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 33/3from3.3
    Without correcting your grammar, England havn't won 2 WCs
    Eh? 1979, 1987, 1992.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    So because English players in the past have been chokers, all in the future will be? Interesting logic...
    That's the bloke who tipped Nepal for the U19 WC...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

when they put together a top-class ODI team, they will have a chance.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    The question is when though.

Also, why do you refer to the English as they when you are English?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    England treats their Ashes like India treats their World Cup. I'd much rather win a WC than win a test series in England, but England and Australia would much rather win the ashes than the world cup.

So they don't care as much, so younger players don't really focus on that format. England would be happy if they were the number #1 test team and the #7 ODI team in the world. India would be happy if we were the #1 ODI team and #7 test team in the world. To each his own.

To answer the question though, they'll probably win it right after Denmark, though before Italy.

Breakout Champion!
    No ****, Sherlock

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    India would be happy if we were the #1 ODI team and #7 test team in the world. To each his own.
    No they wouldn't.

You can stereotype the fans if you like, but I guarantee you the board wouldn't like that.

Tell me why in the past few years (say since the test series win over Australia in 2001 until late 2005), India have sucked in ODIs a hell of a lot, yet have done fairly well in tests, particularly in the Ganguly era... and its this era which is deemed as one of the most successful points of Indian cricket.

Everyone was happy with the team under Ganguly even though they were losing ODI final after ODI final. Why? Because they were competing against the best test teams in the world, home and away.

You try and tell me that the current Indian team is happier now that they're dominating ODIs yet have lost a test series to Pakistan and drawn against an injury ridden England team. Because point blank, the administration aren't.

India would much much much rather win the test series against WI than the ODI series.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Breakout Champion!
    Copycat.

I didn't have to stoop to posting picture of myself in doing it, either.

so what if its an obvious fact, since England ODI team have not been top-class since they reached the 92 WC final, i dont see whats the big deal in me stating it.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I think they might have a chance in 2050 who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    No they wouldn't.

You can stereotype the fans if you like, but I guarantee you the board wouldn't like that.

Tell me why in the past few years (say since the test series win over Australia in 2001 until late 2005), India have sucked in ODIs a hell of a lot, yet have done fairly well in tests, particularly in the Ganguly era... and its this era which is deemed as one of the most successful points of Indian cricket.

Everyone was happy with the team under Ganguly even though they were losing ODI final after ODI final. Why? Because they were competing against the best test teams in the world, home and away.

You try and tell me that the current Indian team is happier now that they're dominating ODIs yet have lost a test series to Pakistan and drawn against an injury ridden England team. Because point blank, the administration aren't.

India would much much much rather win the test series against WI than the ODI series.
    Agree with everything. but isn't reaching 13 or 15 finals in a row a success ? We did lose most of those finals, but by no means I would count that as poor ODI performance.

One has to also keep in mind that in a lot of those finals, we met an all time great ODI team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    No they wouldn't.

Maybe I should rephrase. When I say ODI, I mean the WC and other tournaments...but especially WC. Both of us have only anecdotal evidence to back up our claims, but I am certain that a WC victory would be more celebrated in India than any test series win, anywhere, at anytime, against any opponent. Period. I would be suprised if you disagreed with this.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    I would be expecting them to win the WC during the Aussie & Kiwi WC... It took them many years to get the ashes and it will take them many years for WC too...
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information