• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting pleads 'give us a break'.....give ME a break !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have tried Tim Tams once, when my Australian cousin was here.

Not bad, but until I know of their morality I can't confirm that they are better...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I have tried Tim Tams once, when my Australian cousin was here.

Not bad, but until I know of their morality I can't confirm that they are better...
Right, i have no idea what you are talking about.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
GoT_SpIn said:
Whats with this crusade on chocolate.

Now that you mention it, Tim Tams are quite nice. Shame they are only in big packs, they should make it bigger and sell it solo.
Well, for a start Richard thinks that eating a Kit Kat is the culinary equivalent of annexing the Sudetenland. He might be right, he might be wrong. In about 3000 posts time I'm sure we will still be none the wiser - one of the problems of being a dunce of the highest order, I suppose.

I should also be careful about mentioning the word 'Crusade' too, because that is an obviously inflammatory racist remark with overtones of religious persecution, which means that C_C will be after you - probably with a view to making you grovel.

/runs

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I didnt read the whole of this message so I apologise if I repeat stuff already discussed. I just wonder if you Guys know the physical demands that are on these guys. Ponting has been playing cricket for about 10 year where he hasnt had a substancial break. And by that I mean giving his body 6 weeks of no fitness then building himself up for 4 weeks before even training again.

It is not possible to get the best performance out of your body while they are playing the amount of cricket they are. All those niggling injuries and aches do not go away and no matter how fit and strong they are they will still get them. I guess it comes to a point do you want to see ponting in 5 years still scoring tons of runs, or do you not.

You might turn around at me now and say what do I know. I havent been in there positon at all, But I know several top players personally and I have played 2 years on end with out a break and with travelling around the world to do that. It is shattering not only mentally but Physically. They WILL break down.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kiwi said:
I didnt read the whole of this message so I apologise if I repeat stuff already discussed. I just wonder if you Guys know the physical demands that are on these guys. Ponting has been playing cricket for about 10 year where he hasnt had a substancial break.
Have a break...

have a Kit Kat.

But Richard would deny him even that small pleasure.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Well, for a start Richard thinks that eating a Kit Kat is the culinary equivalent of annexing the Sudetenland. He might be right, he might be wrong. In about 3000 posts time I'm sure we will still be none the wiser - one of the problems of being a dunce of the highest order, I suppose.

I should also be careful about mentioning the word 'Crusade' too, because that is an obviously inflammatory racist remark with overtones of religious persecution, which means that C_C will be after you - probably with a view to making you grovel.

/runs
Hahaha, classic. :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Terrys All Gold in fact - need to check my book of Chocolate morality though to see if that is good or bad gold.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

/runs
Thats quite a pickel..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GoT_SpIn said:
It's OK, I've now investigated it and Branston Pickle is actually not immoral.

So you can have your Cheese and Pickle sandwich today and not immediately go onto Richard's hitlist.

So long as you choose the right cheese brand that is...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lime Pickle maybe, that has been known to make grown men cry.

But not all.

Mind you take the case of the tomato relish I just had in my roll. I guess you could call that a sort of pickle and it just squirted out the bottom all over my tie, so maybe you have a point...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
It's OK, I've now investigated it and Branston Pickle is actually not immoral.

So you can have your Cheese and Pickle sandwich today and not immediately go onto Richard's hitlist.

So long as you choose the right cheese brand that is...
Too late. I had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich :(

Tommorow i will though, knowing its A-OK to do so