Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW awards for 2 to 9 of April

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar

CW awards for 2 to 9 of April

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: luckyeddie for this click here Two in a row from Eddie well done.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is:Fusion for this click here Lots of good healthy debate.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Son Of Coco click here Well done SOC, Voltman was a close second this week, with 4 different posts, but we only award first place here, sorry to say.

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Richard, is there a thread he has missed this week? Lets just hope he has not gone on another one of his ‘holidays’

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Superkingdave click here We will not embarrass Dave by posting the final Indian score

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is:nibbs for this click here Maybe he just sees and hears things differently? Or is he just different?

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Francis, upsets the Kiwi posters, but knows his cricket.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Honestbharani. Has been knocking on the door for a couple of weeks now, and is a great asset with his insider news re- India.

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
    just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: chris hinton, not everyone’s cup of tea, but is always coming up with different ways to do things, and one day will hit the nail on the head.

Please remember these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
    You know it makes sense.

May I ask which four posts got me close?

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Well done all you chaps (and Hinton).
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    What's vague about nibbs' post?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    May I ask which four posts got me close?
    Well if I was to tell you, and people read them, they might think you deserved the award, and that would undermind the judges

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc
    What's vague about nibbs' post?
    Must be just me, but it makes no sense, what arrogance is he talking about?

And happy birthday superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Thanks for the honour, guys.

And happy birthday, superkingdave.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

I am the Mcauley Culkin of CW.

2 awards in the 1st week I joined and nothing but tumbleweed since.

Too much success too early, thats what I say.

Congrats to those that won this week.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    This award isn't just for me - it's for people the world over who like to look on things in a manner in which possibly they ought not. It's like the kind old woman who wouldn't hurt a fly, going down to the canal every day to feed the ducks. The mallards seem to know her by sight, and within seconds of one seeing her, there are dozens of them competing for the breadcrumbs. I stop awhile and chat - she seems very nice. In my heart of hearts, something deep inside me knows that it is a Baldrick-like plan of such cunniling... I'm sorry, cunningness, that she is hatching, and that sooner or later, she will come one day armed not with a bag of breadcrumbs but a bottle of Hoi Sin sauce and a wok.

Eat your heart out, Pavlov. That would be true genius.

Such thoughts help to keep me insane.

Remember, I maintain this level of instability for your benefit (and Scott Styris), not my own.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 09-04-2006 at 03:07 AM.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    woohoo, an award..oh wait the Tony Greig award

thanks ill treasure it
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    Well if I was to tell you, and people read them, they might think you deserved the award, and that would undermind the judges
    You have my email....

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    I voted for Kodos.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Well, thank you kindly for this award...I'm not sure it's deserved seeing as though LE momentarily engaged in prose for a few hours - I thought his line about a hamster up the freckle was outstanding. He didn't actually have to add the bit about the hamster, if he'd have simply said 'freckle' and I thought it alluded to the posterior I would have collapsed with laughter (and yes I am 32...I said it out loud), however the lead up added something more and that's important. Voltman...I appreciate you asking for the 4 posts to be emailed to you, there's nothing more humiliating than an award winner scorned by the general public. I would have felt like I'd pushed you into my position in the KOK 4 x a pundred (boom tish) relay thus having you disqualified whilst you were way out in front, and the public would have no doubt acted accordingly. I'm happy to post you this award and assume the role of the Jana Pittman of this forum if you'll kindly accept?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

As long as I don't end up being the Jai Taurima of this forum, I don't mind.

I was actually enquiring as to the four posts, as I don't actually remember four funny ones I've made on Cricket Chat this week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information