• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Freddie Trueman is in the money

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Dear old Fred might occasionally come across as a sad insane old fool living in the past, but he looks set for a nice windfall in his twilight years.

Sorry to anyone under 40 and not living in the Uk, but nostalgia buffs will love this.

Freddie Trueman on DVD

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was wonderful - and was the reason I was the local 3-time undefeated 'Devil Among The Tailors' champion.

I don't play table skittles any more but I still sup me pint out a pot wi' 'andle.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I vaguely recall The Indoor League from Baddiel & Skinner's fantasy football programme. I remember Fred used to start every show with a jolly (or as close as FST got to "jolly") "Ey op".

I also recall Sid Waddell crediting it with making darts a major tv sport. Prior to The Indoor League it was very much a pub only affair.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I vaguely recall The Indoor League from Baddiel & Skinner's fantasy football programme. I remember Fred used to start every show with a jolly (or as close as FST got to "jolly") "Ey op".

I also recall Sid Waddell crediting it with making darts a major tv sport. Prior to The Indoor League it was very much a pub only affair.
Damn you, BB. Now I've got these Widdle memories flooding back.

Keith Deller is like Long John Silver - badly needs another leg.

That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble.

It's the nearest thing to a public execution outside Saudi Arabia.

If Taylor had been at Hastings, the Normans would have gone home.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kill me.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Ahh duno what the bloody 'ell's goin' off out there...
Just look upon it as another 'old persons thread'.

In fact, people, make that a general rule.

If I'm interested, you probably won't be. ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie mac said:
What I want to know is who is the GLY? Geoff or Fred?
There are those who would throw Parky into the mix too, and others who would say Dickie, but I'd go for three cricketers in one.

Old Bore Boycott.

archie mac

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
There are those who would throw Parky into the mix too, and others who would say Dickie, but I'd go for three cricketers in one.

Old Bore Boycott.
Yes I am sure if you ask Mr Boys, he would tell you :laugh: