• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst RoW side

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
Blaze said:
Jeetan Patel - Lol he has played 1 ODI. Good luck judging his ability on that.

lol

funny how heaps of people are saying Ian Bell, poor guy :P

heh, and stop arguing about the Indian/pakistani bowling 'attacks', cause they both suck anyways :P

Last edited:

yohanna

Banned
Maison said:
lol

funny how heaps of people are saying Ian Bell, poor guy :P

heh, and stop arguing about the Indian/pakistani bowling 'attacks', cause they both suck anyways :P

Actually Pakistan has a pretty good attack. Akhtar, Danish, Gul and Naveed/ Shabbir can trouble most of the batting sides, there's no way one can say that they suxs.Also Pak has the fifth bowling option of Afridi/Malik, they are certainly not as strong as England, but they are not all that bad either.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
k worst side how about
with/without aussie players
1 j marshall
2 sinclair
3 ganguly
4 bell
5 martyn/x marshall
6 razzaq
7 patel (wk)
8 chandana
9 giles
10 gillespie/edwards
11 z khan

irfan

State Captain
although its not realli in the spirit of things
heres my worst world xi
1. X Marshall (wi)
2. V Sibanda
3. T Imran
4. I Bell
5. S Ganguly
6. H Dippenaar
7. P Patel
8. A Agarkar
9. R Dawson
10. C Martin
11. S Muller (cant bowl, cant bat, cant field!)
coach- g chappell

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Chris Martin at nine is another surpriser?

I don't care what somebody might think, Martin's spot is at number 11, and unless he made some cash "donations" there is no way he would get at 9 or 10.

It should be:

9. Sami
10. Anderson
11. Martin

Unless the pitch is a flat road (offering nothing) then he can also bowl well on flat wickets (like he did against South Africa last year).
Your right that should be the tail, i didn't really pay much attention to the lower order, i just picked the worse bowler first and then went from there.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I know this has been done before but I am going to do it one more time :p

The cricketers I simply love as persons, role models etc (very good as cricketers too though thats not the criteria). First one from each cricketing nation.

1. Australia :
- Gilchrist (current and all time)

2. India :
- Tendulkar (current)
- Vishwanath (all time)

3. Pakistan :
- Yohanna (current)
- Zaheer Abbas (all time)

4. England :
- Flintoff (current)
- D'Oliviera (all time)

5. West Indies :
- Chris Gayle (current)
- Conrad Hunte (all time)

6. New Zealand :
- Vettori (current)
- Bert Sutcliffe (all time)

7. South Africa :
- Pollock (current and all time)

8. Sri Lanka :
- Atapattu (current)
- Duleep Mendis (all time)

9. Zimbabwe
- Streak (current)
- Andy Flower (all time)

I havent included Bangladesh because i dont see much their games to form an opinion. I then added two players to each side to see what we get.

10 & 11. Miscellaneous :
- Brett Lee and Dravid (current)
- Kapil Dev and Courtney Walsh (All time)

That does make for good line ups.

Current favourite cricket persons :
Atapattu, Gayle, Dravid, Tendulkar, Yohanna, Flintoff, Gilchrist, Streak, Pollock, Vettori, Lee (Hon. mention Anil Kumble)

All time Favourite Cricket Persons : (seen by self)
Bert Sutcliffe, Conrad Hunte, Zaheer Abbas, Vishwanath, Andy Flower, Duleep Mendis, D'Oliviera, Gilchrist, Kapil Dev, Graham Pollock, Walsh (Hon mention : Wes Hall)

Some obvious choices are missing because of the cloud os scandals that I (personal opinion please) believe they were involved with.

Who says good guys dont win 8-)
-

Last edited:

venomous

Cricket Spectator
Oh! the worst ROW side?..well that's pretty simple to pick...they lost 3 straight ODI matches...eventhough some individuals performed well, but overall they were down the drain...& plz do not give me any cr*p of ODIz ain't real cricket or stuff :)

V Sehwag
Sangakara
R Dravid
J Kallis
B Lara
A Flintoff
K Pieterson
S Pollock
D Vettori
Muritharan
S Akhtar

Shoaib

Banned
Another Worst RoW side consisting solely of asian players

Taufeeq Umar
Gautam Gambhir
Yasir Hameed
Russel Arnold
Saurav Ganguly (C)
Yuvraj Singh
Parthiv Patel (WK)
Mohammad Sami
Irfan Pathan
Ashish Nehra
Nuwan Zoysa

Based on asia, i would say.

Umer
Hameed
Ganguly(c)
Arnold
Asim Kamal
Kamran Akmal
Ajit Agarkar
Sami
Danish
Chuckbir
mohd Irshaaaad!

I think this team will go for 500+ runs against an Australian women school team :p

Shoaib

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Based on asia, i would say.

Umer
Hameed
Ganguly(c)
Arnold
Asim Kamal
Kamran Akmal
Ajit Agarkar
Sami
Danish
Chuckbir
mohd Irshaaaad!

I think this team will go for 500+ runs against an Australian women school team :p
Stop mentioning your father's name over & over again.
Danish is an excellent spinner.Asim Kamal is one of the fine batsmen around & Irshad hasn't played even one test/odi.Kamran Akmal also has an excellent record against India atleast.Your thread is purely an attempt of flame bait.

Last edited:

Shoaib

Banned
Shoaib Akhtar .... ZERO wickts ...110 runs in 17 Overs against Aus!
U can't judge a bowler by his performance in a series which was useless & rubbish & in which the performance of every player was poor because they has no interrest in it .
Also mention Sehwag's poor performance.Shoaib Akhtar has a good overall record against every team including aussies.We r proud to produce legends like him.U r jealous because your street level bowlers like Irfan Pathan,Ashish Nehra & Balaji were not picked for that series.U forget that only world class players & legends r picked for events like super series.

Last edited:

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chris Martin

You guyz dunno what your on about Chris Martin is the second quickest newzelander to take fifty wickets in their test hisory he was recently the leader until shane bond over took him just think who he has beaten to the post One Sir Richard Hadlee Dan Vettori Chris Cairns John Bracewell. Give the man some credit destroyed south africa if u remember

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woody_cloudofsm said:
You guyz dunno what your on about Chris Martin is the second quickest newzelander to take fifty wickets in their test hisory he was recently the leader until shane bond over took him just think who he has beaten to the post One Sir Richard Hadlee Dan Vettori Chris Cairns John Bracewell. Give the man some credit destroyed south africa if u remember
After 7 Tests Brett Lee had a batting average of 37.50 and 42 wickets @ 16.07, it doesn't alter the fact that he's rubbish now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
After 7 Tests Brett Lee had a batting average of 37.50 and 42 wickets @ 16.07, it doesn't alter the fact that he's rubbish now.
He's hardly rubbish