Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glen Mcgrath - Greatest Fast Bowler of all Time ??

Glen Mcgrath - Greatest Fast Bowler of all Time ??

What a way to reach 500 mark !! I used to rate Wasim Akram a better bowler, but I dont think Wasim was this good at this age, this consistent against the top order. His performance against the best batsmen of this era is remarkable. He has bowled well on every surface, against every opposition, at home, away, in Tests in ODIs.

He has continued to take wickets at 21 a piece at a time when Pitches are becoming flatter and flatter every day.

He is just amazing. To me, he is the greatest bowler of all time, he is better than anyone I have watched.

well has you said he is the greatest bowler i have seen along with ambrose since i started watching cricket form the 97 ashes, but not the best of all-time looking back i would rate Lillee & Marshall for sure ahead of him, but the rest are debatable.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    About the best spell of bowling I've ever watched today, but I think you'll find he's actually just a lucky bowler.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    About the best spell of bowling I've ever watched today, but I think you'll find he's actually just a lucky bowler.
    Nah. He only took 5/21. Lucky bowlers take 7/12

mate he aint the best of all time, but lucky? ur crazy. u dont take over 500 wickets being lucky. to me hadlee will always be the best
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    mate he aint the best of all time, but lucky? ur crazy. u dont take over 500 wickets being lucky
    Inside joke. Relax.

I can never narrow it down to 'the one' but Glenn McGrath deserves to be rated alongside Lillee, Hadlee, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    oh pigeon is lucky, boring marc

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Inside joke. Relax.

I can never narrow it down to 'the one' but Glenn McGrath deserves to be rated alongside Lillee, Hadlee, etc.
    thats for sure...

gio
    U19 Cricketer
    hate him with a passion. the sooner he retires the better. It's his gob that annoys me. But he is f*@ing amazing bowler. The way he gets so close to the stumps and lands on the same spot every time, put together with bounce, seam and swing.... He makes it look so easy. Little c*%t

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    oh pigeon is lucky, boring marc
    Perhaps you haven't been round long enough to stop these things flying over your head.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gio
    hate him with a passion. the sooner he retires the better. It's his gob that annoys me. But he is f*@ing amazing bowler. The way he gets so close to the stumps and lands on the same spot every time, put together with bounce, seam and swing.... He makes it look so easy. Little c*%t
    And your gob is better.

C_C
    Its between McGrath, Marshall and Hadlee for the best pace bowler ever.

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Its between McGrath, Marshall and Hadlee for the best pace bowler ever.
    I imagine Lillee, Trueman, Larwood, Lindwall, Wes Hall, Jack Gregory and Richardson don't rate on your 'Can't be as good as the players today' theory?

But what about Ambrose?

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    I imagine Lillee, Trueman, Larwood, Lindwall, Wes Hall, Jack Gregory and Richardson don't rate on your 'Can't be as good as the players today' theory?

But what about Ambrose?

Actually Ambrose should be in that list too....but not Hall/Gregory/Larwood.... they were nowhere as good and i wouldnt consider Larwood to be any better than Brett Lee.

Trueman, Lindwall and Lillee are in my top 15 pacers ever but they simply havnt done enough or were as good records-wise to be in the same echelon as the names i've mentioned.

Hall ? Well most people in the caribbean who saw Hall a lot would tell you that while he was very very good, he wasnt as good as the more illustrious WI bowlers from the 70s through to the 90s.

And 'cant be as good as players in recent time' isnt a theory...its a fact...its a fact in every single human endavour.... things improve....

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Actually Ambrose should be in that list too....but not Hall/Gregory/Larwood.... they were nowhere as good and i wouldnt consider Larwood to be any better than Brett Lee.

Trueman, Lindwall and Lillee are in my top 15 pacers ever but they simply havnt done enough or were as good records-wise to be in the same echelon as the names i've mentioned.

Hall ? Well most people in the caribbean who saw Hall a lot would tell you that while he was very very good, he wasnt as good as the more illustrious WI bowlers from the 70s through to the 90s.

And 'cant be as good as players in recent time' isnt a theory...its a fact...its a fact in every single human endavour.... things improve....
    Does it surprise you that Sir Richard ranks Lillee the greatest fast bowler in history?

What about the human endeavour of literature? Cardus is still the greatest Cricket writer, Willie S. is still regarded as the greatest playwright. Poets? Where are all the great composers of today? Sculptors?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information