• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I really don't care if this doesn't deserve a thread, but...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
But what about his first-chance average (or whatever Richard calls the bowling equivalent)?
Laughable (which, coincidentally, is how I refer to Richard's bowling equivalent)

/usual bunch of schoolchildren to lecture me about giving Richard a hard time too in 5....4....3....

//it's a joke, people. I can't help it if your flaming hormones have left you all with raging frustration and a face like Rikki's so the girls all say 'ewwwww' when you squeeze them - the spots, that is - don't take it out on me. Actually, don't take it out anywhere. You'll get locked up.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
well done Neil...

it kind of overshadows my 98* on saturday off 35 balls :p
Good lord, I'll say - you conceded almost 17 runs an over?

You really ARE rubbish. You ought to watch Rikki too.

Swervy

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Good lord, I'll say - you conceded almost 17 runs an over?

You really ARE rubbish. You ought to watch Rikki too.
Dont diss it Edward....I scored 98 my friend :D (I know you know, but I just want to make it extra clear)...even mentioned in the local paper today.

I have boasted about it on OT, but I will do it here as well

I came in after 26 of our alloted 40 overs were bowled, score 64-3...I didnt get much strike for the first 4 overs, as my batting partners played out two maidens, and yet I still managed to get the score to 104 after 31 overs..we ended up on 209-5 after 40...and we went on to win (most importantly)

Actually I got 99*, the scorers added it up wrong....Anyway, as you can tell I was pretty chuffed

But the story continues, and goes to show what a strange game cricket is.

Yesterday (i.e. the day after), we met the same opponents in the Cup final..we got them out for 42 and managed to get to 22-1, then mayhem.One of their bowlers really turned it on. I eventually came in to bat at 28-5 on hattrick ball. Now this bowler I completely tore apart the day before....so on hattrick ball, he bowled me for a golden.

We then lost another wicket and so we needed 15 to win with 3 wickets left(yes we lost 7 wickets for 6 runs), which turned to 11. Luckily our number 9 batsman hit the bowler from the other end for 11 and we won by 3 wickets. Too much to cope with to be honest.

Really goes to show that anything can happen at anytime in cricket

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
Swervy said:
Dont diss it Edward....I scored 98 my friend :D (I know you know, but I just want to make it extra clear)...even mentioned in the local paper today.

I have boasted about it on OT, but I will do it here as well

I came in after 26 of our alloted 40 overs were bowled, score 64-3...I didnt get much strike for the first 4 overs, as my batting partners played out two maidens, and yet I still managed to get the score to 104 after 31 overs..we ended up on 209-5 after 40...and we went on to win (most importantly)

Actually I got 99*, the scorers added it up wrong....Anyway, as you can tell I was pretty chuffed

But the story continues, and goes to show what a strange game cricket is.

Yesterday (i.e. the day after), we met the same opponents in the Cup final..we got them out for 42 and managed to get to 22-1, then mayhem.One of their bowlers really turned it on. I eventually came in to bat at 28-5 on hattrick ball. Now this bowler I completely tore apart the day before....so on hattrick ball, he bowled me for a golden.

We then lost another wicket and so we needed 15 to win with 3 wickets left(yes we lost 7 wickets for 6 runs), which turned to 11. Luckily our number 9 batsman hit the bowler from the other end for 11 and we won by 3 wickets. Too much to cope with to be honest.

Really goes to show that anything can happen at anytime in cricket
Specially when u go into bat with a hangover ey?

Swervy

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Specially when u go into bat with a hangover ey?
well yeah :D ...although I won't use that as an excuse..he bowled an absolute jaffa to be and it got me...whereas the day before he didnt.

Chubb

International Regular
Well done Neil I'm sure you'll go on from there and post some bigger scores now. I had the same problem, i averaged about 2 (highest score 16) since 1999 until last year when I hit 33 in a 20/20 match and I thing all departments of my game have benefited since.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Voltman said:
Lara is a handy little leggie after all... :p
Apparently (so says a mate who was at the Tsunami game at Lord's), Lara doesn't bowl leggies any more - slow-medium is his thing these days.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blaze said:
Neil how are you so bad?

Perhaps you lack application and/or concentration
Nope, nowt wrong wi' them. It's just natural talent; ie ability to pick the line and length of the ball; that's lacking...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I used to be a bit of a rabbit (when I slogged everything) now I'm a bowling allrounder, who attacks everything - big difference, took a few years to work out though. Anyway, congratulations Neil.

cricket player

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Nope, nowt wrong wi' them. It's just natural talent; ie ability to pick the line and length of the ball; that's lacking...
That is called eye and hand coordination,

Picking the line and the lenght is one of the most importent things for a batsman,I am not trying to be all good and try say i am better,but I have the eye coordination I find out the lenght before the ball even pitches,

King_Ponting

International Regular
cricket player said:

Picking the line and the lenght is one of the most importent things for a batsman,I am not trying to be all good and try say i am better,but I have the eye coordination I find out the lenght before the ball even pitches,

Yet you average less than 30?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:

It`s not about you! Gah.

Stuff Neil, perhaps you`re at your best when you`re on the attack?