• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
England's session comfortably. Again, with a bit of luck it could have been even, but the breaks went England's way and Flintoff played rather brilliantly. Australia desperately need a wicket immediately after lunch if they're going to have any hope of keeping England under 400.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dead flat wicket.

Excellent batting by Flintoff.

Very good by Lee with new ball.

Warne was really good but wicket is so slow that even when he beats players in the air they can play him off the pitch.

Jones has stuck in there but fw@#$%^&**(k he's ordinary.

Nuffy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That may be the case, but you need some luck to break your way.

You think Eng would have been sitting as pretty if Flintoff was out for 8 instead of 73 not out.

We've had no luck thus far and that makes our task even harder against a English team thats playing well.

As for SC, mate you're a cat, it seems that opinions are only OK if they agree with yours.

PY

International Coach
Fair enough, you have some points though I can't agree with all of them being an Englishman. :p

I'd seen you weren't saying what my last post said but thought it needed saying anyway.....Nath? ;)

Waughney

International Debutant
social said:
Jones has stuck in there but fw@#$%^&**(k he's ordinary.
I'd say he's been playing fairly solidly. He didn't look too comfortable against Warne before but apart from that there's nothing there to suggest he's ordinary.

PY

International Coach
social said:
Boycs coached England on how to "beat" girls.
Not entirely relevant but don't think we should really go into sportsmen and women do you?

<cough>oh...Warney<cough> :p

andyc

Waughney said:
I'd say he's been playing fairly solidly. He didn't look too comfortable against Warne before but apart from that there's nothing there to suggest he's ordinary.
Didn't look very good against Lee either

Waughney

International Debutant
andyc said:
Didn't look very good against Lee either
Beaten by a couple of top (new-ball) balls, happens to most. I'm not saying he's on fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on for a while here.

social

Waughney said:
Beaten by a couple of top (new-ball) balls, happens to most. I'm not saying he's on fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on for a while here.
Wouldnt surprise me either.

He's doing a great job for England but Lee and Warne could have had him a no. of times on a different day.

Lee's balls, in particular, arent doing that much. He just doesnt get behind it.

Keep the ball away from his cut and he's very limited.

greg

International Debutant
social said:
Wouldnt surprise me either.

He's doing a great job for England but Lee and Warne could have had him a no. of times on a different day.

Lee's balls, in particular, arent doing that much. He just doesnt get behind it.

Keep the ball away from his cut and he's very limited.
Typical wicketkeeper.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
A 5th bowler, a spinner or a pacer can work as a stock bowler too and does not have to be a strike bowler.
Sorry, but which of MacGill or Gillespie possess the control to be a stock bowler?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
greg said:
Can't work out why Warne is bowling - perfect swing and seam bowling conditions
Logic for me.

Had 20 overs to the new ball - have him at one end, give Lee 5 then whichever of Kaspa and Tait wasn't going to have the new ball takes the other 5, leave them fresh for it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
well thats your opinion well for me he has bowled pretty well with the exception of the 1st innings at edgbagston & yesterday.....
Is this well for Lee or well for a good bowler? ;)

Nuffy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What amazing censorship is in this little clique.

Aren't people entitled to their own opinion, its interesting that any number of the Ch4 commentators and Sky commentators have been echoing my comments.