• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be McGrath's 500th wicket?

Who will be McGrath's 500th wicket

• Andrew Strauss

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Marcus Trescothick

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • Michael Vaughan

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Graham Thorpe

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Kevin Pieterson

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Andrew Flintoff

• Geriant Jones

• Ashley Giles

• Matthew Hoggard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon Jones

• Steve Harmison

• James Anderson

• Robert Key

• Mark Butcher

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGrath is 1 wicket away from his 500th, and assuming he doesn't get a major injury, a massive lack of form or there is no major terrorist threat, he should get his 500th against England.

Now, unless he gets Trescothick in the first over, it is unlikely it will be him as Gillespie will have him wrapped up in the 2nd, and it will depend who's at 3 to fight it out with Strauss.

Place your predictions here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It'll be Harmy holing out to third man after his maiden test 100! In the 4th innings of the 5th test! :D

Nah, it'll be Strauss chasing a wide-ish one it the first over. McGrath will have noted that Ntini had a bit of luck bowling at him in the last coupla tests there.

Mister Wright

I tend to agree. Myself and a friend were talking about it Tuesday and said it would be:

AJ Strauss c Gilchrist b McGrath 0 (2)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I tend to agree. Myself and a friend were talking about it Tuesday and said it would be:

yeah i would say thats the most likley

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
Sehwag in the Supertest.
Lol!

That's assuming that McGrath would still be in the team after going through an Ashes series wicketless, especially with Lee sitting on the sidelines.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:

Strauss edges to the slips.

shaka said:
Strauss LBW for 0
I don't think he's a huge LBW candidate, myself... he plays the ball so late, which I suppose can make you susceptible to it, but he always seems to get some bat on anything at the stumps.

I couldn't resist picking Marcus Trescothick - he's far too impatient most of the time and I think McGrath will sort out his footwork and shot selection.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mcgrath is a b*stard, i hate that guy.

But yeah, he'll get Strauss for a duck, i can see that happening

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Dar... that's really mature and intelligent of you to be able to phrase such an enlightening post.

I think it will be Trescothick though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
Lol!

That's assuming that McGrath would still be in the team after going through an Ashes series wicketless, especially with Lee sitting on the sidelines.
LOL - good point.

After 3 wicket-less Ashes Tests, McGrath will be replaced by Less, who will concede 6 and over and take no wickets (although he will cause 3 of England's tailenders to retire hurt)

Therefore McGrath comes back for the Supertest.